Week 5 GDT: LeRoy (NYG) vs. Sho-Num (DAL) @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

This would be a good time for our defense to start playing like a top ten unit again.

Normally I'm in favor of loading the box against Elliott and forcing Dak to beat us through the air... but if our secondary continues to perform the way it has, he won't have much trouble doing that. 

Maybe we can convince them it's Opposite Day so Dak tries to run the ball, and Elliott has to beat us through the air. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Normally I'm in favor of loading the box against Elliott and forcing Dak to beat us through the air... but if our secondary continues to perform the way it has, he won't have much trouble doing that. 

That's what scary about the Dallas offense. They can beat you in multiple ways. They are going to score on you. No denying it. The key to beating them is outscoring them and having one or two takeaways. You don't want a shootout nor want the RBs running all over them. It will be a good game though and division matches are always unpredictable. 

If the Giants (and by Giants I mean Daniel Jones & Barkley) can play the game like they did last week, we've got this one.

Dallas has been playing some solid football this year, no denying that.  However, looking at stats, I was a bit surprised to see that Dak has amassed 4 fumbles, 2 int. and 7 sacks in the last 4 games.  So if our defense can force some turnovers and get creative with some coverage sacks.  On the flip side, our defense has a total of 6 sacks (31st) and 2 forced fumbles.  Perhaps, this win last week has fired up the defense.  I know it's fired me up.  

Our coach needs to figure out a scheme that allows us to get pressure up the middle.  Outside of our rookie, our edge rushers are lacking.  Perhaps some inside stunt blitzes would work well at least it would allow us to blitz while still protecting the inside run game.  I think this game last week has the coaching staff for Dallas rethinking how they'll defend this offense.

Would also like to see Barkley get a few more balls thrown his way.  Seeing him catch that ball took me back to his rookie year, when Eli Manning was throwing the ball.

Either way it goes I'm looking forward to this game.

• Like 1

Something feels right about this game. Like it's ripe for the stealing. Sure Dallas is a better team on paper but being that this is an absolute must win for us I feel like Judge will pull out all the stops. Everyone talking about stopping Elloit and making Dak win this. Well I feel the opposite, play heavy pass D and make Elliot/Pollard beat us. I mean look if I am being real Dak is a destructive force in the passing game. Yes Zeke is something special as well but I think you need to force him to perform. Given that Zeke is hurt I think you HAVE to put the emphasis on them to use the run to succeed 

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

And it helps that most of the teams I was afraid of on our schedule suddenly look very fallible. 

I couldn't be the only one who felt that LV and CAR were more pretender 3-0 teams than contenders. Definitely solid teams still, but not the cream of the crop this year like the record suggested.

Lots of pretenders though this year. While TB and KC look a bit lagging, I have no doubt they will rise to the top towards the end of the year.

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

Damn, one win turns around all the hope lol

Eh. Divisional games always have more of an unknown and upset factor that non-divisional games. Except for those matchups where one team always wins (Ravens vs Browns (since 2008 the Browns have won 4 times), Eagles vs Giants unfortunately (since 2008 the Giants have won 6 times), etc), anything can happen. Seems like NFC South and NFC East matchup results especially are a lot of times unexpected.

All that to say even if we lost last week, you'd see people with some hope going into this game. 

• Like 1

Thomas has been limping badly, and the beat has been saying he may be more doubtful than questionable. He be a true game time decision. He has been getting limited reps, as opposed to no reps, so there’s some hope he will be able to play. Question is if he can be effective.

So when Ryan tackled Prescott last October on a third-quarter designed run, the players’ legs tangling and Prescott landing with one leg awry in what Ryan heard as a “double thud,” Ryan thought: What would Kobe do?

The question returned amid a wave of postgame emotion, Ryan upset not about his own actions or intentions but about the result and any potential financial ramifications Prescott would absorb.

Ryan called his publicist.

Could she mail Prescott “Relentless” and “The Mamba Mentality,” Ryan asked?

“It was bigger than a Cowboys-Giants rivalry to me,” Ryan said. “Something tragic happened that wasn’t fair on nobody’s timing but God’s. I just wanted to keep him encouraged.

“I just wanted him to know: ‘Hey, man: I’m rooting for you.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2021/10/07/dak-prescott-cowboys-logan-ryan-giants-kobe-bryant-michael-jordan/6032004001/

Nice article

• Like 1

Giants!  You want your fans back?  Win this game.

This game just feels like one of those career games for Joe Judge.  Win this game, and we have a coach.  Take a loss and who really knows who will be coaching this team next season,...Kind of games.

LOT riding on this game if you ask me...

Can't wait to watch it unfold.

Get up boys!  It's GAME WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

It's been a truly bizarre week so far. Green Bay and Cincy are delaying coverage of OUR game by choking into infinity. Big Ben looks like a decent QB again. And the Panthers, quite frankly, should be ashamed of themselves. At least Washington is losing so it's not all bad news for us.