Week 5 GDT: LeRoy (NYG) vs. Sho-Num (DAL) @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

4th Quarter: False alarm on Toney as he is back out there and still making plays as our only receiver, basically. Giants drive but get robbed on a pretty obvious DPI no-call. Fortunately this will go down in history as the Injury Bowl so nobody will remember what a terrible job of officiating that was. Another touchdown drive for Elliott and this is turning into the blowout many predicted, 34-13. I've had about all the football I can stand for today, so I'm going to turn this off and eat dinner while I still have an appetite.

An unmitigated disaster.

Thoughts on yesterdays game - 

- This was bad. Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad. The amount of injuries we had yesterday is season ending for us. Jones leading with his head to initiate contact was plain stupid. He'll definitely learn from his mistakes on that one. Saquon's injury was bad luck to put it lightly. I feel so gutted for this guy its horrible. And Golladay was one nobody even saw what happened. 

- The oline is just bad right now. Nate Solder is so done as a player its embarassing. Dude should retire today at noon and do the team a favor. The amount of times Randy Gregory knocked him backwards was laughable. U can visibly see what a monumental difference Andrew Thomas makes on this line when he's playing vs. when he's not. They are just doing such an awful job as run blocking its insane. Shockingly the injury to Jones wasnt due to them which ill at least give them credit for. 

- The defense. Or lack thereof i should say. What in the hell has happened to this teams defence from last season ? Top 10 defence and we look like we cant even stop a high school team. The amount of times being gashed yesterday for huge yardage by Lamb and even Elliott was sickening. And the guy i knew who'd low key torch us. Dalton Schultz... yep we STILL don't believe in covering TEs'. The lack of discipline and awful penalties at inoppurtune times was a mess. Bradberry with that 3rd and goal PI .. i wanted to punch out my damn tv screen. I don't even know what positive i can say about this unit. They are awful. No push up front, no pressure or forcing Dak to throw early, they are complete garbage. 

The one shining light - 

Kadarius Toney. Dudes a monster in the making. His elusiveness and hands are something that are Odell-esq. That's about all the good i can say from that game. And it was good to see him throw a swing at Jordan Lewis for that stunt he pulled on him after the play was over. Good to see some fight in someone on this team. 

Bottom line guys. This seasons deff over. We are already in too deep a hole to climb out of. Jones i don't see coming back for at least 2-3 weeks after the hit he took, and it's very feasible he could be out longer. Saquon's down at least 2-3 easy. And Golladay we know nothing about at the moment. Without Jones though, were sunk. We got the Panthers and then the Rams as our next 2 opponents and u may as well stamp - L - on our ticket for those games. 

43 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Bottom line guys. This seasons deff over. We are already in too deep a hole to climb out of. Jones i don't see coming back for at least 2-3 weeks after the hit he took, and it's very feasible he could be out longer. Saquon's down at least 2-3 easy. And Golladay we know nothing about at the moment. Without Jones though, were sunk. We got the Panthers and then the Rams as our next 2 opponents and u may as well stamp - L - on our ticket for those games. 

You can’t judge a concussion like that. No way to know how he will react.

My guess is Barkley misses the next 4 games which would take us to our week 10 Bye.

18 minutes ago, Acgott said:

You can’t judge a concussion like that. No way to know how he will react.

My guess is Barkley misses the next 4 games which would take us to our week 10 Bye.

Didn't he miss 4 games with a high ankle sprain? My guess is he only misses one game. After that, the swelling should be down enough that he can tape that sucker off and just manage the pain. That is as long as nothing is broken. I had a real nasty, very similar sprain back in high school. My ankle was the size of a softball. I took it easy for a week then wrestled with it taped up. Saquon's a stronger, faster healer than I ever was. He should be fine.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Didn't he miss 4 games with a high ankle sprain? My guess is he only misses one game. After that, the swelling should be down enough that he can tape that sucker off and just manage the pain. That is as long as nothing is broken. I had a real nasty, very similar sprain back in high school. My ankle was the size of a softball. I took it easy for a week then wrestled with it taped up. Saquon's a stronger, faster healer than I ever was. He should be fine.

Barkley was terrible when he came back from the high ankle sprain. I’m not a doctor, but I don’t think they should rush him back. We need to make sure that Barkley can protect himself now on both sides with the recovering ACL injury. It’s a lost season, better to be cautious then trot him out there for further risk. 

• Like 1

Concussions are tricky. Sometimes you're out for a while, sometimes you're back the next week like Teddy Bridgewater. I agree that nobody should be rushed back unnecessarily, as we are unlikely to be contenders after a start like this.

You have to wonder who stays and who goes at the end of the season. Gettleman's definitely gone, and possibly Judge as well; the team needs a fresh start. If Jones continues his higher level of play after returning, he's worth rebuilding around IMO. Toney was amazing yesterday, having a career day while the team fell to pieces around him; that's another guy you want to keep.

For now, the best I can hope for is that we drag a few division rivals down with us.