What should the Patriots do about their offensive line?

DoleINGout

Who knows if Brown even comes back.. it's so strange to me that they didn't put him on IR when the injury happened.. he practices for multiple weeks being a game time decision then suddenly goes on IR. He either had a setback right when the team thought he was going to play or there are bigger issues going on. He said that he loved playing here, he is in a contract year, what other kind of motivation does he need? It's more likely that he is just a fragile guy who isn't worth dedicating a lot of money to. 

All I am really hoping for at this point is he comes back by week 10.. balls out for the rest of the season then someone stupidly gives him big money so the Patriots can get a comp pick. 

Haven't heard anything on the Covid guys.. I believe it was reported that Wynn isn't vaccinated so he could be out another week. Regarding Wynn, he's another guy that I am hoping can get back to playing decent football second half of the season so he can get traded for a 2nd/3rd this offseason to a team in desperate need of OL help. He hasn't stayed healthy and has been very mediocre this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

CB and OG/OT with first 2. 

Hunter I agree.

MY dream pick would be  CB Derek Stingley Jr..  I don't see that happening. IMO Stingley or Neil should be the 1st pick.

Based on Tankerton we are looking at the 10th pick.

My choice would be at 10

CB Andrew Booth Jr.

OL Kenyon Green

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, m haynes said:

Hunter I agree.

MY dream pick would be  CB Derek Stingley Jr..  I don't see that happening. IMO Stingley or Neil should be the 1st pick.

Based on Tankerton we are looking at the 10th pick.

My choice would be at 10

CB Andrew Booth Jr.

OL Kenyon Green

Kirkland...

JLU-9L6I_400x400.jpg

😎

The 1st round pick absolutely has to be a LT .. you dont have Scar anymore to make guys look good.. you need to win on the OL with pure talent. Get a LT for the next decade in the top 15 and move forward. You need to protect Mac and Wynn/Herron aren't going to get it done. 

I would love a 1st round corner.. but LT is just too massive of a need unless a run of LT's are taken right ahead of their pick..in which case I'll just hope that it's a deep class and you can get a good guy in the 2nd.. but I'd much rather have an amazing LT for the next decade if I had the choice. 

8 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I haven't looked at Kirkland. Thanks for the heads up. Off to U tube!!!

He's a project IMO. He is playing tackle this season but in the NFL he probably translates as a guard, RG most likely. Dude is a monster at 6-7 325 but his quickness is suspect which is why he is more guard than tackle. I wouldn't take him before the third round at this point and only with the expectation that he serves as a sixth lineman to start his career. Not sure how his technique will hold up against NFL talent. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 4:37 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Kirkland...

JLU-9L6I_400x400.jpg

😎

I took a look and he doesn't fit MY OL profile.  I always look at the base and Kirkland is very long (legs) and to thin in the trunk.  He does have quick feet however but IMO he's susceptible to bull rush and (forgot the name of the move) Reggie White move. 

That why I loved Onwenu in the draft. I thought he was a complete steal and should of gone much higher in the draft.

10 hours ago, m haynes said:

I took a look and he doesn't fit MY OL profile.  I always look at the base and Kirkland is very long (legs) and to thin in the trunk.  He does have quick feet however but IMO he's susceptible to bull rush and (forgot the name of the move) Reggie White move. 

That why I loved Onwenu in the draft. I thought he was a complete steal and should of gone much higher in the draft.

Pro Football Network uses the very first line of their draft assessment to say this;

'Kirkland keeps a wide base in pass protection, and he plays with decent hip sink. His sheer width allows him to cover a large area along the edge. The Washington OG has an extensive reach, and his size makes it difficult for defenders to gain separation.

On top of his sheer size, Kirkland owns stellar natural balance. He’s not easy to move off-base, and his footwork helps to channel and strengthen his balance.'

Perhaps take another look. Onwenu is a decent comparison. 

40 starts by draft, G or T, elite hand movement, elite energy and motor, leverage is great, strength and power is good, the downsides are lack of lateral suddenness and quickness actually. I've seen R1 or R2 buzz, but I expect he will be round 1 come draft.

We won't draft him though, so no worries...