What should the Patriots do about their offensive line?

DoleINGout

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Pro Football Network uses the very first line of their draft assessment to say this;

'Kirkland keeps a wide base in pass protection, and he plays with decent hip sink. His sheer width allows him to cover a large area along the edge. The Washington OG has an extensive reach, and his size makes it difficult for defenders to gain separation.

On top of his sheer size, Kirkland owns stellar natural balance. He’s not easy to move off-base, and his footwork helps to channel and strengthen his balance.'

Perhaps take another look. Onwenu is a decent comparison. 

40 starts by draft, G or T, elite hand movement, elite energy and motor, leverage is great, strength and power is good, the downsides are lack of lateral suddenness and quickness actually. I've seen R1 or R2 buzz, but I expect he will be round 1 come draft.

We won't draft him though, so no worries...

I agree with most of this. He plays the position well however his (big guy) mass is above the waist. It just me and and how I view OL. There's not much to go on at this time just 1st impression. I might see it different at draft time.

Here what i look  for with OL physical traits. I'm not comparing players just body type.

26 second mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMFkwMM_Qik

• Like 1

Its early but here is what I'm seeing 2022 draft concerning Pats.

Where the talent is in the 1st RD

1. CB= 1-20 picks,   Best position in the draft, 1st is loaded with CBs

2. IOL = 10 -25   The guards  position has the top level OL talent.

3. LT  =  20 -32 This is not the best year for LTs. Neil is awesome but the talent falls of after him.

This can change after the season keep an eye on , Charles Cross or Nicholas Petit-Frere

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

3. LT  =  20 -32 This is not the best year for LTs. Neil is awesome but the talent falls of after him.

This can change after the season keep an eye on , Charles Cross or Nicholas Petit-Frere

I agree that CB seems loaded in this draft .. from what I read multiple who do well in man coverage and would be fits for BB defense. Assuming they kept JC that would dramatically improve the defense instantly. Wouldn't be surprised to see them double dip at the position.

I would really love a truly dominant LT though.. assuming one is available. It would just be great to get Mac a cornerstone LT to pair with. 

No chance of IOL imo.. they find guys in the 3rd-6th rounds for IOL and do fine. Mason was a 4th rounder I believe.. Andrews may have even been undrafted. They have way too many holes to be drafting an IOL in the top 20 picks. 

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

we need a game changing linebacker badly.

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I agree that CB seems loaded in this draft .. from what I read multiple who do well in man coverage and would be fits for BB defense. Assuming they kept JC that would dramatically improve the defense instantly. Wouldn't be surprised to see them double dip at the position.

I would really love a truly dominant LT though.. assuming one is available. It would just be great to get Mac a cornerstone LT to pair with. 

No chance of IOL imo.. they find guys in the 3rd-6th rounds for IOL and do fine. Mason was a 4th rounder I believe.. Andrews may have even been undrafted. They have way too many holes to be drafting an IOL in the top 20 picks. 

Wynn is still there but too inconsistent. Get rid of Brown, Onwenu RT, Wynn to guard and draft a new LT could make a lot of sense especially for a young QB. The issue is even first round tackles are very much hit and miss.

I would go corner or linebacker in round 1. 2 and 3 OT and corner or linebacker. Draft another IOL in rounds 4-6. RB can wait another year, big time WR should be signed in FA. We draft busts there anyway.

19 hours ago, SBLIII said:

we need a game changing linebacker badly.

Here are the only LB I see with 1st RD skills. After these two, the LBs the don't seem to match (small) BB scheme.  I left off edge players becasue we have that position covered. I only see LBs picked in the middle RDs  EX Bentley

Scariest Alabama Linebacker 🔥 Christian Harris ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Brandon Smith 2020 Highlights - YouTube

Edited by m haynes

23 hours ago, m haynes said:

I would go CB then OL then LB.

But this is BB, he will definitely pick the LB (if one is good enough for the spot) in the first round. He uses 2nd round for DBs more often than not. If the draft is strong for CB that kind of cements it as well. He'll feel comfortable waiting for 2nd round

On 10/28/2021 at 4:31 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

I would go CB then OL then LB.

But this is BB, he will definitely pick the LB (if one is good enough for the spot) in the first round. He uses 2nd round for DBs more often than not. If the draft is strong for CB that kind of cements it as well. He'll feel comfortable waiting for 2nd round

Hopefully he finds his next Hightower

Just remembered Patriots drafted Cameron McGrone in the 5th Rd. I see LB 3rd priority. CB is 1st but that changes if they sign Jackson. I still say CB but it's not so desperate they have to reach for one.  Last I hate FLA Gators, especially DBs and this year one is rated top 10 in the draft. IMO after looking at him he a bust waiting to happen.

Sorry about bold don't know how to fix it when using my phone

Edited by m haynes