Upcoming Trades

TakeTheBallDeep

The trade deadline is November 2nd so we are starting to get to that time where teams look to add players due to injuries or lack of production, and also teams looking to move off players if its due to contract, age, production, problems off the field, or even due to lack of teams record and looking to add draft picks for next year. Who are some big names we should be looking at? Assuming the Giants add a few more losses over the next 3 weeks which looks very possible given their schedule, do they look to move off Saquon Barkley? Also given how the Bucs secondary has been playing combined with injuries who are some DBs out there that might get moved?

Patriots could still move Stephon Gilmore, though at this point I can't imagine why, since it's unlikely they'd get much more in return for him than they would in a compensatory pick.

I could definitely see the Falcons try to move Dante Fowler or Cordarrelle Patterson.

The Bears should definitely be trying to offload Robert Quinn.

Just now, Apparition said:

Something like N'Keal Harry and a 2023 4th rounder.

Due to our future cap space concerns, I can’t see them swapping for a player. It could be lower draft picks.

However, we’re gonna need to pay Denzel, Baker, Clowney probably, and Malik McDowell (If he keeps this up).

12 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Why?

Because he's a 31-year-old pass rusher playing on a contract that's taking him through his age 34 season, for a team that's in the first stages of a rebuild, and is on pace for 20+ sacks this season. 

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Due to our future cap space concerns, I can’t see them swapping for a player. It could be lower draft picks.

However, we’re gonna need to pay Denzel, Baker, Clowney probably, and Malik McDowell (If he keeps this up).

Harry is still on his rookie deal so any team that trades for him will assume minimal risk. 

17 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

The trade deadline is November 2nd so we are starting to get to that time where teams look to add players due to injuries or lack of production, and also teams looking to move off players if its due to contract, age, production, problems off the field, or even due to lack of teams record and looking to add draft picks for next year. Who are some big names we should be looking at? Assuming the Giants add a few more losses over the next 3 weeks which looks very possible given their schedule, do they look to move off Saquon Barkley? Also given how the Bucs secondary has been playing combined with injuries who are some DBs out there that might get moved?

https://www.giants.com/news/saquon-barkley-fifth-year-option-giants-2021

They already picked up the 5th year option on his contract so I think they'd have to eat 7 million in dead cap if they moved him. Given they're already cap strapped for next season I'd think he plays out the contract. Whether he gets another contract I have no idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djw4bucs said:

Even with the signing of Sherman we are probably gonna try to trade for a CB, not sure who yet but our CBs right now are horrible considering all of our 3 usual starters are all injured. 

Would the Bucs pony up a 2nd for Gilmore? hmm