Upcoming Trades

TakeTheBallDeep

25 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Would the Bucs pony up a 2nd for Gilmore? hmm

Maybe, very unlikely tho unless they aren’t sure we can keep all of our current starters (when healthy) cause all are still on rookie deals. Licht would 100% just draft a rookie with a 2nd next year if we lose a CB.

Just now, djw4bucs said:

Has he been that bad?

No, he’s solid. Probably an above average starter. Just no reason for us to keep an aging vet like him if we can get picks. We are in a rebuild, by time we are competitive in a few years (hopefully) Slay might not even be in the league anymore, CBs do not age well. 

I don't know a whole lot about the cap and how it works when a player is traded, but who could the Bucs trade for that would both be A) worth it to them and B) affordable?  

Too bad there isn't an NFL Trade Machine like ESPN's NBA one.  But like could they actually afford Darius Slay without giving up an important piece?  

Mike Evans would make the most sense if they were to do a player for player trade, but not sure if Brady would be for that.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bucs should trade Ronald Jones to the Ravens for like Jimmy Smith or something. 

Please no. I certainly would hope we wouldn’t want to trade Jimmy Smith, a versatile corner that can cover TEs and bigger bodied WRs pretty well… for a mediocre RB?

Smith plays the more valuable position and even if he’s not what he once was, we’re not exactly as deep as we once were at corner and he’s very capable. Would be a foolish trade. Ronald Jones isn’t any better a runner than LevBell IMO.

Not to mention Smith has clearly just been taking team friendly deals the last couple years with the hope of riding off into the sunset with a SB win. He’s one of the OG Lamar believers and a noted team leader. That would make such a deal even worse.
———

If anything I’d be far more inclined to trade an underachieving LB like Patrick Queen, who might have some legit value to a team that can afford to spend the time to develop him (not a contender) and/or might feel he’d be the ideal scheme fit for their system (as more of a 43 OLB type), in a deal to secure some OT improvement.

Perhaps a deal with the Eagles for Andre Dillard could be mutually beneficial. Both were former 1st round picks that have struggled for one reason or another. Dillard has one less year on his deal, so while he has enhanced positional value, perhaps something straight up would work for both teams once their starting LT comes back.

Not sure how I’d feel about giving up on Queen so early, but if the end result is a boost to the OL that should also boost the rushing attack, while also giving Lamar more time in the pocket on a consistent basis; then I think I could sleep soundly knowing it wasn’t at least a bad decision.

56 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I don't know a whole lot about the cap and how it works when a player is traded, but who could the Bucs trade for that would both be A) worth it to them and B) affordable?  

If you trade a player, any remaining signing bonus gets accelerated. There's lots of nuances here and in the past - those remaining bonus dollars prevented trades from happening.

But now what is happening is that teams are willing to eat some of that money to make the trade happen. Either the trading team or the acquiring team will take on some of the cash to make it happen. We've seen that in about a dozen trades so far. In the past, the money was a show-stopper- now its just part of the negotiation

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Please no. I certainly would hope we wouldn’t want to trade Jimmy Smith, a versatile corner that can cover TEs and bigger bodied WRs pretty well… for a mediocre RB?

Smith plays the more valuable position and even if he’s not what he once was, we’re not exactly as deep as we once were at corner and he’s very capable. Would be a foolish trade. Ronald Jones isn’t any better a runner than LevBell IMO.

Not to mention Smith has clearly just been taking team friendly deals the last couple years with the hope of riding off into the sunset with a SB win. He’s one of the OG Lamar believers and a noted team leader. That would make such a deal even worse.
———

If anything I’d be far more inclined to trade an underachieving LB like Patrick Queen, who might have some legit value to a team that can afford to spend the time to develop him (not a contender) and/or might feel he’d be the ideal scheme fit for their system (as more of a 43 OLB type), in a deal to secure some OT improvement.

Perhaps a deal with the Eagles for Andre Dillard could be mutually beneficial. Both were former 1st round picks that have struggled for one reason or another. Dillard has one less year on his deal, so while he has enhanced positional value, perhaps something straight up would work for both teams once their starting LT comes back.

Not sure how I’d feel about giving up on Queen so early, but if the end result is a boost to the OL that should also boost the rushing attack, while also giving Lamar more time in the pocket on a consistent basis; then I think I could sleep soundly knowing it wasn’t at least a bad decision.

Queen for Miles Sanders.