Upcoming Trades

TakeTheBallDeep

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im surprised we havent heard Gallup getting shopped from the Cowboys. He would make a great #2 for someone.

Agreed. I wanted him in Washington at draft time. 

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Could be used as a #1 in a pinch. 

Well, now I think THAT would be a hell of a pinch to be in. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Except the cowboys would likely want a 3 or 4 for him. 

Thats what we are going to get in a comp pick, so obviously. And a competitive team would be wise to trade that to secure him long term + have the benefit of adding him this year. 

But I think more likely a trade for another person on an expiring contract makes sense. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

No team in the NFL needs a WR as much as the Saints. They are probably holding out hope for Thomas...but with each passing week I just don't think it's going to happen.

You can add the following 2 teams on to this list: the Jaguars have no one that screams #1 right now? Who do the Lions have that screams #1 wr? I know these teams have struggled and are more on the selling side then the buying side but they desperately need some weapons in order to improve the offense. People want to blame Goff but all he has is a TE, Trevor Lawrence has Marvin Jones Jr as his main target then guys like Tom Arnold and Lavishka, cant expect to have your QB get better when his weapons are bottom dwellers on any other team. Im honestly surprised that the Texans still holding on to Cooks as they have been dumping bloated contract the past week or so. Cooks could probably get a higher draft pick from a wr needy team like the saints right now.

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Except the cowboys would likely want a 3 or 4 for him. 

If I'm in the market for a WR via trade, I'd gladly shop a 3rd for Gallup tbh. 

He's a perfectly capable #2 with the ability to be a functional #1 if needed (think Lions, for example). Getting a virtually guaranteed contributor at a prime position and only 25/26 years old for a 3rd isn't a bad deal if you're in need. Heck, the Raiders are already fairly deep with WRs and I'd still take that trade. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

You can add the following 2 teams on to this list: the Jaguars have no one that screams #1 right now? Who do the Lions have that screams #1 wr? I know these teams have struggled and are more on the selling side then the buying side but they desperately need some weapons in order to improve the offense. People want to blame Goff but all he has is a TE, Trevor Lawrence has Marvin Jones Jr as his main target then guys like Tom Arnold and Lavishka, cant expect to have your QB get better when his weapons are bottom dwellers on any other team. Im honestly surprised that the Texans still holding on to Cooks as they have been dumping bloated contract the past week or so. Cooks could probably get a higher draft pick from a wr needy team like the saints right now.

The difference is that the Jags and the Lions are going nowhere. The Saints on the other hand are probably a WR away from contending in the NFC. The Lions, indeed suck at WR. But I'd take the Jags WR corp in a heartbeat over the Saints right now. I'm a Jags and Saints fan...and that is a really easy decision.

41 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The difference is that the Jags and the Lions are going nowhere. The Saints on the other hand are probably a WR away from contending in the NFC. The Lions, indeed suck at WR. But I'd take the Jags WR corp in a heartbeat over the Saints right now. I'm a Jags and Saints fan...and that is a really easy decision.

Not even a question really. Even with Chark out. 

• Like 1