Head trainer Ryan Vermillion under FBI investigation - unrelated to anything with team.

MikeT14

This team is cursed.  We can not hire the right people………and this was someone who has worked with Rivera for a long time.  

With this and the defensive downturn this year……..the bloom is off the rose for me.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the Rivera hire to begin with, but he’s got little time to turn it around in my eyes.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The DEA was involved which... unless it's like cocaine trafficking or something... I don't know how the team can't be involved because I am just assuming it's steroids. 

I thought steroids as well until Grant Paulsen pointed out the possibility of opioids on WJFK. If this guy was somehow pushing fentanyl or Oxy while using the team as a clearinghouse for the prescriptions?

• Like 1

Other thing from what I heard on WJFK with Grant Paulsen - they interviewed some player back in March about team procedures/policies regarding drugs. So this has been brewing for awhile.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Natch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Woz said:

I thought steroids as well until Grant Paulsen pointed out the possibility of opioids on WJFK. If this guy was somehow pushing fentanyl or Oxy while using the team as a clearinghouse for the prescriptions?

The problem is Vermillion mixed up the steroid and the opiod prescriptions.  Chase Young was supposed to be getting steroids, instead he is just zonked out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Woz said:

Other thing from what I heard on WJFK with Grant Paulsen - they interviewed some player back in March about team procedures/policies regarding drugs. So this has been brewing for awhile.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Natch.

Imagine if this is the straw that breaks Daniel Snyder's back (*)

(*) metaphorically.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This team is cursed.  We can not hire the right people………and this was someone who has worked with Rivera for a long time.  

With this and the defensive downturn this year……..the bloom is off the rose for me.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the Rivera hire to begin with, but he’s got little time to turn it around in my eyes.  

People don’t want to hear it & I think is a controversial take but this team hasn’t been consistently good since the Native Americans first sued over the name in 1992 & only the 2nd Native American US Senator in US History Ben Nighthorse Campbell introduced legislation about Jack Kent Cooke needing to change the in order to get a new stadium in DC in 1992 or 1993.

We are cursed. People can believe what they want, I’m buying into my conspiracy theory 100% 😂 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:07 AM, Thaiphoon said:

Imagine if this is the straw that breaks Daniel Snyder's back (*)

(*) metaphorically.

Unless Snyder's facilitating the deals, no chance this causes Snyder any heat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I just saw this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10014432-report-wft-assistant-athletic-trainer-doug-quon-put-on-leave-amid-dea-investigation

This team is always in the news for the wrong reasons.

Loving this culture change.

I’m really worried he was supplying pills to players.

Washington Football Team assistant trainer placed on administrative leave

Assistant trainer Doug Quon becomes the second member of the Washington Football Team's training staff to be placed on leave.

By Nicki Jhabvala

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/10/09/washington-football-trainer-leave/

Download The Washington Post app.

This is an awful sign for the team. It’s really awful for the players as well. This is very concerning.