Let's Talk A Bit About This Guy......

soulman

Very interesting out take for the Bears website...nice to see an athlete be so open...glad he is doing much better...

Honestly, I'm just mentally and spiritually happy," Quinn said after Sunday's 24-14 win over the Lions. "I took some time to myself this offseason to put myself in a better mind state. I talked to some good friends and pastors, and got myself mentally and spiritually right.

"I brushed off all the nonsense of last year. All that weight I was holding onto is done and over with. I just tried to put the past behind me and make the most out of today. Our next breath isn't promised."

Quinn declined to divulge what was troubling him last year. But it appears that whatever it was is no longer an issue.

"I was in a rough place last year," Quinn said. "I'll just leave it at that. I was in a very rough place, and I think my performance showed that."

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Very interesting out take for the Bears website...nice to see an athlete be so open...glad he is doing much better...

Honestly, I'm just mentally and spiritually happy," Quinn said after Sunday's 24-14 win over the Lions. "I took some time to myself this offseason to put myself in a better mind state. I talked to some good friends and pastors, and got myself mentally and spiritually right.

"I brushed off all the nonsense of last year. All that weight I was holding onto is done and over with. I just tried to put the past behind me and make the most out of today. Our next breath isn't promised."

Quinn declined to divulge what was troubling him last year. But it appears that whatever it was is no longer an issue.

"I was in a rough place last year," Quinn said. "I'll just leave it at that. I was in a very rough place, and I think my performance showed that."

everyone is different, and i'm just speculating, but i wonder if his contract combined with his injury had something to do with it. a ton of guys build off of confidence while playing, and for a player that had all the expectations of a $70M contract, there's a lot of pressure that comes with that. then getting hurt and trying to play through it, not succeeding, but still trying to be out there, then the constant barrage of media and fans saying he's not worth the money and sucks...

i did a lot of rambling there. in conclusion, i'm glad he's healthy - physically, mentally, and spiritually - and is having a really good year so far this season

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I understand where he's coming from completely.  Many things that happen in your personal life can impact your professional life and some of it is very hard to just compartmentalize.  It sound like Quinn had a lot of that kind of thing going on during 2020.  It can be a massive burden.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Sounds to me like it was something more personal outside of football, and it's okay for him to keep that to himself. The fans and media don't need to know everything. I'm just glad he's feeling better now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I formally apologize to Quinn.

I am still not totally on board on spending the money with where the Bears were at and what they already spent at OLB.

But at least the player evaluation wasn’t a trainwreck.

Couldn't have said it better. Allocation could've been better, but after week 1, I thought it was going to be another long year of watching him do nothing whatsoever. Glad I was wrong. They need him to have another big game against Vegas

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Quinn's contract restructured to create $3.5 million in cap space...had to be done to get us through the season but at some point we need a bit of a reset with the cap where we don't kick the can down the road with older players.  

Also a good indication Quinn will still be around in 2022 which if he can remain productive isn't a bad deal based on what we're paying him.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Quinn's contract restructured to create $3.5 million in cap space...had to be done to get us through the season but at some point we need a bit of a reset with the cap where we don't kick the can down the road with older players.  

"Eventually they'll retire" is the plan ATM. Lol

• Like 1