Bostic and McTyer out for the year

ARTMONK HOF

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If they did they would’ve picked and signed a whole bunch of RBs because of me lol

Well one things for sure, if they listened to us, they wouldn’t have taken Antonio Gibson who’s arguably our 2nd best offensive player. 😉

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

That is, incidentally, 29 more snaps than Jimmy Moreland has been able to get with the worst team in the league so far. I thought it was rather silly to cut him as well, but at this point I think we’re making that guy into much more than he is. 

Dem's fightin' words, @Thaiphoon!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I mean, we keep playing Collins and Bostic even though we have guys on the bench that are better. Sometimes coaches are set on who they are comfortable playing. It wasn't like he cleared waivers and no one wanted him and eventually signed. He was picked up with the #1 waiver position. He's played the slot for us a helluva lot better than his replacement(s) have this year.

giphy.gif

(holy crap he is young in this image)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What they should’ve done was put Moreland on IR and brought him off IR when he got healthy.

I think that was sort of the plan when they waived him with an injury designation. Unfortunately, Rivera said it was minor and thus the Texans took a chance on him.

Basically, I think Rivera just didn't want him but went along with the plan ... sort of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

It feels like worrying about the deck chairs on the Titanic to be sweating Moreland vs. McTyer when Fuller and Jackson are earning 15% of the cap and can’t cover anyone at this point — and it suggests to me that maybe we should be saying the name “Ronald Darby” a lot more than the name “Jimmy Moreland.”

1. "BAH GAWD, THAT'S TURTLE'S MUSIC!!"
  2. There's next to nothing they can do about either position this year other than suffer.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

It’s like they don’t come onto this website and read our opinions and preferred offseason plans. Seems short-sighted. 

Well, ****, we've shown to be right more often than not over the past 15 years. Sure as hell had a better general track record than the real people.

• Like 1

Getting rid of Moreland was dumb. At this point, it might be wise for Rivera to admit his mistake and offer a draft pick for Jimmy. Rivera had a good off-season last year but letting go of small role players like KPL, Fabian Moreau and Jimmy Moreland is hurting this team. 

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Getting rid of Moreland was dumb. At this point, it might be wise for Rivera to admit his mistake and offer a draft pick for Jimmy. Rivera had a good off-season last year but letting go of small role players like KPL, Fabian Moreau and Jimmy Moreland is hurting this team. 

As good as it might be to get Moreland back, that would just be compounding the error.

• Like 2