Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars

TitanLegend

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I personally don't feel good about the players either. 

The line loses their battles more times than not. Wrs continue to struggle getting open. Players can't tackle. Making stupid plays. 

The coordinators have their problems but the players aren't doing well either. 

Play calling at times put players in positions they can’t win. Yes we’re not exciting I agree but I feel we’re more handicapped by coaching & scheme 

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m not saying we are going to win 

I’m not saying it’s going to be easy

All I’m saying is I’m not afraid of the Bills like most people are in here 

They are very good

They are a SB contender out of the AFC

All I’m saying is we always play them tough 

We play them close 

We beat them when we were short handed last year 

Obviously I would feel much better if we have Dupree Julio and Hooker back this week

If we are going to kill the Titans for playing down to competition most times, we have to at least give them credit for playing up to competition most times 

Won’t be easy

But it’s MNF in Nashville

Crowd should be rocking

Hope we get some guys back this week  

Speaking of hooker what injury he suffered I forgot 

12 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Urban won’t make it a full 17. I also don’t trust Shad Khan to make another HC hire. Defense has literally no playmakers. Trevor and James Robinson about all we got tbh.

I know you guys ***** about Vrabel a lot but you are competitive every year. I would kill for that. You can always have it way worse, just look at us.

It’s hard to win in this league and you guys are going to have 6 winning seasons in a row. That’s impressive.

Yeah, but we're competitive with Vrabel in spite of Vrabel.  Vrabel is a good head coach.  Players love him, he makes good calls on going for it most of the time, challenges at the right time, and does a very good job managing the play clock.

But he is an *** level coordinator.  He wants his defense, no matter what the personnel and no matter how effective it might be.  His stubbornness on evolving his defensive scheme is absolutely infuriating, since the consensus seems to be that that's what's holding this team back.

That and being absolutely destroyed with injuries right now.

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

i don’t see why we keep putting him out there, he’s clearly regressed. I would blame coaching but Long is playing amazing

Agreed.  Stick Rice in, our run defense was awful.

Jayon Brown turned in a pretty bad game too.  He absolutely could not contain the edge against the run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Is it just me or did the toss go from one of our worst run plays last year, to one of our best this year?

This year teams have been stressing getting early penetration to either slow down Henry early or get to Tanny.  The toss sweep has helped get him away from the inside rush and get a head of steam.  My take any way.    

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, but we're competitive with Vrabel in spite of Vrabel.  Vrabel is a good head coach.  Players love him, he makes good calls on going for it most of the time, challenges at the right time, and does a very good job managing the play clock.

But he is an *** level coordinator.  He wants his defense, no matter what the personnel and no matter how effective it might be.  His stubbornness on evolving his defensive scheme is absolutely infuriating, since the consensus seems to be that that's what's holding this team back.

That and being absolutely destroyed with injuries right now.

Agreed.  Stick Rice in, our run defense was awful.

Jayon Brown turned in a pretty bad game too.  He absolutely could not contain the edge against the run.

Agreed on Vrabel. He’s great at the game day HC duties. It’s the defensive scheme that is the problem. 

I think you have the wrong name at the end. I mean Jayon didn’t contain the edge well, but he is on IR so not really a fair time to complain about that. 

1 minute ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Agreed on Vrabel. He’s great at the game day HC duties. It’s the defensive scheme that is the problem. 

I think you have the wrong name at the end. I mean Jayon didn’t contain the edge well, but he is on IR so not really a fair time to complain about that. 

Ah.  Well, I thought it was 55 out there, but obviously not.

Maybe it is time to adjust my glasses prescription.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ah.  Well, I thought it was 55 out there, but obviously not.

Maybe it is time to adjust my glasses prescription.

Might’ve been Long. I saw his guess at times too and leave a wide open hole. He at least had 10 tackles overall with 1 TFL. That’s more than Evans has done all year. Evans needs to be cut. No reason in keeping him around at this point. I’d rather see Rice, Dzubnar, hell I’d even rather see the boy Will Compton back than ever see Evans play another snap here. Dude is a flat out bum. Losing Jayon sucked because that duo of him and Long was going to be real nice on 3rd downs.

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Might’ve been Long. I saw his guess at times too and leave a wide open hole. He at least had 10 tackles overall with 1 TFL. That’s more than Evans has done all year. Evans needs to be cut. No reason in keeping him around at this point. I’d rather see Rice, Dzubnar, hell I’d even rather see the boy Will Compton back than ever see Evans play another snap here. Dude is a flat out bum. Losing Jayon sucked because that duo of him and Long was going to be real nice on 3rd downs.

Cutting Evans accomplishes nothing.  He shouldn't be starting over Rice at this point, but cutting makes no sense.