Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars

TitanLegend

43 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I mean this with complete sincerity

I am very excited at what he could possibly bring to this offense. Hope he stays healthy

Ya I’m ready to see what he was working on in camp 

They had him running the route tree

But I’m more interested to see if he can help take carries away from Henry

Has Hutton pointed out the other day that when the Titans are 3rd and McNichol, it’s a pass

Titans offense needs to stop being so obvious at times

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We can, but you’re definitely underselling your squad. Y’all still are going to be at the top of this division by seasons end (as much as it sucks to say) with likely double digit wins.

You guys get way too low after an L. Bad teams beat good teams all the time, it’s the NFL.

i think we'll probably win the division, but only because the division is godawful lol. i think most of us are just frustrated to see the same problems going unfixed year after year given that if we actually had addressed them we'd be able to take that next step into chiefs/ravens/bills territory in the AFC. as of now, we're pretty much just the same team as last year, likely to limp into the playoffs and get bounced in the first round.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i think we'll probably win the division, but only because the division is godawful lol. i think most of us are just frustrated to see the same problems going unfixed year after year given that if we actually had addressed them we'd be able to take that next step into chiefs/ravens/bills territory in the AFC. as of now, we're pretty much just the same team as last year, likely to limp into the playoffs and get bounced in the first round.

We have become BOB's Texans.  We have switched spots. Texans reigned over a weak division or an 2 race division with Indy. Now we are in that spot.
Indy, those mofos find a way to always stay relevant in the division. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

That’s fair. From my perspective seems like a great issue to have (what I would do to have a consistently competitive team for multiple years at a time) but I guess I get it.

More so just saying I wouldn’t get too low on a Jets L.

I think losing to the Jets pissed me off the most because I actually thought coming into the season that we were going to be good this year. Not just over .500, but a legitimate contender.

In reality, we're an average roster that has four stars on the same side of the ball that can play significantly above or below average based on how many of our stars play well and how well they play.

When two of those four are gone, we're a below average team.

If all four go off we probably can play with anyone, but as far as going deep into the playoffs, that's not likely to happen several consecutive weeks.

The average roster is really struggling with below average coordinators right now making things worse.

The Bud Dupree thing... injuries aside we're paying him 20m each of the next two seasons. He's probably worth about 60% of that when he's 100%. We shell out a ton of money to free agents to make up for failing to draft well and it's going to start getting harder to retain our own guys.

2022 cap room: 25m with only 38 players counting towards the cap (out of 51 players)

2022 free agents:

• Harold Landy
  • Ben Jones
  • Jayon Brown
  • Geoff Swaim/Anthony Firkser/MyCole Pruitt
  • Rashaan Evans
  • David Quessenberry
  • Teair Tart
  • And several rotational guys that are getting snaps.

You'd think we would at least need to bring back Jayon Brown and Harold Landry. I worry about overpaying for guys like Dupree who, even when healthy, probably don't completely solve our pass rushing needs. He would make me second guess drafting an EDGE (even though I still want to) because we're going to need to be cheaper at some of the other positions we have to fill with Dupree's/Landry's upcoming salaries at the position.