Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Making Vrabel give up control. Time for Robinson to grow a set and make Vrabel give up control and hire a real DC. Otherwise, the defense will never be worth a damn. That whole defensive staff should’ve been gone after last season. Our depth isn’t great but it’s good enough to not give up 27 points to the Jets. This is know different than what got Mularkey’s fired. He wouldn’t fire his buddy Robiskie and give up his offensive scheme. Same **** with Vrabel right now and his drinking buddy Bowen.

There's just no excuse for the Jets performance, but beyond that only having Landry as a pass rusher isn't going to work every week for the second consecutive year.

If we continue to be a bottom of the league defense after the investments for this season I don't see how the front office can reasonably keep Bowen this coming off-season.

I'm sure Vrabel and Robinson have a good relationship, but Robinson's seat is only getting hotter by letting the defense continue down the road it's on.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

if it makes you feel any better, pretty soon we’ll get to have the this-sunday feels of losing to the jaguars 

After last week, I told my job I’m available to work today, which I try to avoid doing on football Sunday’s. Not going to surrender myself to a repeat of last week lol.

Like everyone else is saying, seeing ATL just destroy the Jets like everyone else besides us makes last Sunday even more frustrating 

ATL is a struggling team with a rookie HC and are paper thin at WR right now. Yet somehow, someway, they’re managing to dominate an objectively bad team 

shocker 

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

There's just no excuse for the Jets performance, but beyond that only having Landry as a pass rusher isn't going to work every week for the second consecutive year.

If we continue to be a bottom of the league defense after the investments for this season I don't see how the front office can reasonably keep Bowen this coming off-season.

I'm sure Vrabel and Robinson have a good relationship, but Robinson's seat is only getting hotter by letting the defense continue down the road it's on.

Yea I mean no one can tell me the Falcons have more depth and talent on their defense than the Titans do. They’ve completely shut down the Jets. They actually have someone that’s knows what they’re doing coaching the defense. Pees should still be here and I feel he would be if he wasn’t forced out.

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Like everyone else is saying, seeing ATL just destroy the Jets like everyone else besides us makes last Sunday even more frustrating 

ATL is a struggling team with a rookie HC and are paper thin at WR right now. Yet somehow, someway, they’re managing to dominate an objectively bad team 

shocker 

Someone mentioned last week that's unreasonable for us to expect to blowout teams every week.

I don't think most of us expect that. We'd just like go occasionally play a team that's supposed to be significantly worse than us and not have to rely on Ryan Tannehill driving down the field with under 2 minutes on the 4th quarter to win.

If that's the case regardless of the competition, you don't have a good team, you have a good quarterback.

Looking back at our record last year it's easy to predict some regression just by us losing more of the close games, which was basically every game regardless of the level of competition. Even the Jags have us fits.

We had 4 wins by more than 7 points last season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea I mean no one can tell me the Falcons have more depth and talent on their defense than the Titans do. They’ve completely shut down the Jets. They actually have someone that’s knows what they’re doing coaching the defense. Pees should still be here and I feel he would be if he wasn’t forced out.

Yeah, I've been yelling "Fire Vrabel" because I blame a lot of it on him, but I'd be hesitant to actually pull the trigger on it because we're winning and it's probably just as, if not more, likely that our next HC would be worse than him.

Bowen clearly isn't the answer though. His time has come and gone long ago.

I don't like Downing either, but maybe we'll see him get better with all our WRs on the field.

18 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If Lewan doesn’t significantly improve, I’d rather cut ties. I’d like to see Radunz play at some point this year. I do think his more natural position is LT and if he can fill that role going forward, I don’t think we could ask for more. Saves us a hell of a lot money too.

I've thought about this as well and that would leave us potentially needing to find a starting C and RT, finding competition for our struggling RG with our LG going into the final year of his contract.

I think Lewan could be a candidate for a restructured contract.

I wouldn't rule out Saffold as a cap casualty either as he will be 34, playing a less valuable position than LT, and would save us 10.5 m against the cap.