• Ruggs is a baller. He could have had 3 scores if Carr hits him in stride
  • Hunter Renfrow, the All-Pro hard hitting Safety
  • AJ Cole is a great Punter
  • Our D kept us in this game for the most part
  • Yannick/Crosby are a fun pass-rushing duo
  • Phillon had a great game

Bad:

• Leatherwood is straight up bad
  • Injuries. We lost Mullen, Arnette, Hobbs was hurt late, Hayward was limping around. We're dropping like flies.
  • Our interior OL is horrid
  • Penalties
  • Jacobs looked hurt and had no explosiveness 
  • Gruden's conservative playcalling
  • Waller's penalty. Are you kiiiiiiiiiidding me???
  • We can't utilize Drake in any way

Ugly:

• The entire first half O
  • Daniel Carlson miss
  • We have to face Herbert + Mahomes 4 times every single for the next decade plus
  • The Chargers have a horrible run D and shut us completely down
  • Mark Davis
Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

How do you improve this interior OL? Who is even out there that we could plug and play? Toss a lot of money at Schwartz? Move Leatherwood to G (never will happen this early)? Trade for a vet? Bench James and start Martin? Give Incognito any painkiller known to man and deal with the suspension later? 

Good:

• The pass rush against a very good offensive line and quarterback(Philon balled)
  • Renfrows reliability
  • Moerig answered some questions for me this week in terms of open field tackling
  • This game is a perfect example of how rugs affects the game whether he gets the ball or not(where as someone like lamb or Jefferson only affect the the game if they get the ball)
  • The defense spent the majority of the game on the field and played solid all the way until the last five minutes
  • If they had one this game the game ball would've gone to Amik Robertson. He REALLY impressed me on the outside today
  • The fact that this was the type of game that they had to lose early in the season

Bad:

• Our interior OL apart from Kolton Miller wet the bed. They are the main reason why we lost this game
  • Gruden's decision to kick the field goal instead of punting on what was essentially the 50
  • I don't feel like Kenyan Drake was really used. 
  • The fact that the first down got overturned towards the end of the second quarter
  • You can tell Carr still doesn't have the chemistry with Ruggs

Ugly:

• They did what we all said they couldn't do this week and win which was sandbag until the second half
  • The fact that they had a chance to come back but stalled in what was essentially the red zone

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How do you improve this interior OL? Who is even out there that we could plug and play? Toss a lot of money at Schwartz? Move Leatherwood to G (never will happen this early)? Trade for a vet? Bench James and start Martin? Give Incognito any painkiller known to man and deal with the suspension later? 

Their had to be a way money wise to not gut majority of the line and still get some defensive players 

Just now, SimonGruber said:

Their had to be a way money wise to not gut majority of the line and still get some defensive players 

For sure. Not to mention we're blowing all our first rounders, while still paying them first round $. We need to fundamentally change our front office.

This OL is soooo bad outside of Kolton. Leatherwood especially, but at least he’s a rookie. 

The D wasn’t good but they showed me enough to say they are much better than last year.

Need to fix the OLine. Just one problem after another. 

I don’t think this is a division winning team, and damn sure far from a deep playoff team. Wildcard team and one playoff win is certainly possible.