The Good, the Bad the Ugly vs. the homeless Chargers

RaidersAreOne

Good:

• Team responded with heart
  • Amik played far better than I would have thought. Keep it up and could be another steal
  • Pass rush is still there
  • Moerig looks like the safety we've been wanting for over a decade. Always in the right place and made some fantastic plays
  • Ruggs keeps getting open

Bad: 

• Leatherwood continues to be an early liability. Not putting him in the ugly section because he does have good plays and he's still a rook. But he needs to settle the hell down at the start. Sneak him some adderal or something
  • Carr keeps missing game-changing/ending plays. Crazy with how much he's been hitting, but still true
  • Run defense sucked when we needed stops the most
  • Perryman and Wright being in coverage. Glad they know where they're supposed to be, but come on. They can't keep up

Ugly:

• Gruden will never move on from thinking a team should be run-first. Even when he has an awful line and injured workhorse. The 1st half was completely on him
  • Even WITH forcing the run; no Ingold. No Drake. 1 Barber run despite surprising last week. No draws or creativity. Only straight dives. Pathetic.
  • There's no help coming for this inside O-line and I doubt any teams will be willing to trade worthwhile talent
  • Injuries are now piling up on defense

Defense tried 

where was the offense?

hard to blame carr too much cause that oline had him shook

leatherwood looking bad and getting flags 

it’s only one game and how we respond on Sunday is major 

And josh should’ve stayed on the trainers table where’s ragas

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Getting rid of Jackson and Hudson might prove very costly for this team. Not sure how much money it actually saved us

I get it posters on here were saying the line was overpayed ( obviously Trent Brown was ). However this is what we were all worried about. One game but still

29 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

This team is going to struggle down the stretch if running the ball isn't an option.

Also, and ugly:

• Ferrell with a tackle and facemask as his only notable play
  • Arnette getting burned then injured
  • Leatherwood 2 false starts

3 first rounders and all of them are liabilities.

The GOOD: SOOOO much to learn from but the fire to fight and never give up?!? I'm impressed so coaches got 'that' right.

The BAD: The 1st half Offense. Seeing the other teams HC wanting to stop on out throats and we say...NO!!! Yet our HC not stopping on theirs and playing it safe before we have the lead. YIKES

The UGLY: The Offensive line. Jacobs being put out there risking a more damaging season ending injury when looking like he's not healthy. More penalty yards than Offense in the 1st half. Us as fans for giving up by half. Seeing Amik CLEARLY needing to play over the 1st round pedagree of Arnette. James if he's not replaced or at least bringing in competition because it's affecting the whole line. Trading Hudson for a 3rd that we throw away every year but I'd offer our 2nd to get him back and give him an extra 1.5 mil to make him happy. 

Overall I'm happy with getting spanked like that in the 1st half because if that doesn't wake up Gruden and Mayock then...What will?!? We can beat ANYBODY and also get beat by anybody. If in the playoffs we WILL be the team nobody wants to play because if you don't stop on us early, we will fight and possibly win. Fix Oline and I honestly see a SUPER BOWL TEAM! No BS it's just what teams are head and shoulders above us?!? LA we can beat at home if healthy. KC we beat with a lesser team. Denver has weak QB and WR's are injured but a 'D' Bills?!? They also are hot/cold and beatable. Like when Philly won a few years ago. They weren't the best but they got hot when needed and we are so cold to start games that if we play 60 the way we could...We are a SB team. Long season but need Oline depth if not straight up starters and have young guys pine. James and Leatherwood take a seat or move inside to finish this season. Martin I'd think is better but I'm calling Philly to get Kelce or give a 1st for one of the young guys recently paid and extend Carr to make cap space. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh yeah and This game shows that Casey Hayward is for real

This game showed me I want to extend him for that effort and leadership. Also Waller and Renfrow because every week they stand out for something. Amik...Here you're #3 ahead of Arnette. Martin...Would you like to play a game? Leatherwood we like you and you'll start but might be our 'Good' replacement and move around all season. Carr, this is Mark...So you can stop listening to Jon as this is your team and it's Gruden's job to get you prepared but during the game. It's up to you because you'll NEVER play a snap in another jersey. Mayock...Get on the phone and push all the draft chips 'all in' because we win now or you're going back to NFLN. 

I'm like happy/pissed because I see something in this team I haven't seen in a long time and it's special but needs some work. 

• Like 2

Ruggs becoming the monster he was suppose to become. Finally we get a good receiving core, “decent” defense for the first time in ten years (farrrr from great still) and then goodbye Offensive Line! 

Maybe Richie comes back and we bench James for Martin? Martin is not bad honestly. Pretty average player. A lot better than James. 

• Like 1

We split jacobs out so much and he caught 5 passes. He couldn't make anybody miss or run anybody over. I just don't see any reason to pay drake 7 mill if you not going to use him for that stuff especially with jacobs being hurt. Like I was coming around to the fact that we paid him for a role and not really to be a back up rb, but if jacobs gonna fill that role to when he in the lineup what's the point.  Gruden got to focused on jacobs. He did a good job with drake and barber last week mixing up their touches. 

• Like 1