Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

This season is very reminiscent of last season and we are once again 2-2 with a injured Jimmy G. Not only that, but we have lost key pieces on both ends of the ball and have a very banged up team...Basically, par for the course lol.

This game will either put the team right back in position to compete for the divisional title or eliminate any chance of that happening. If the Cards win, they will have a three game lead and we will star the division 0-2....Curtains! 

I know the Cardinals will be the heavy favorites with the Niners facing questions at the QB position and with Williams being questionable along with the Cardinals just completely dominating the Rams. However, I think the game will be close regardless if Jimmy is the QB or if Lance is the QB. 

I'm expecting a run heavy game plan with Shanny trying to dominate the TOP. But will the team have enough firepower to keep up with Murray and the crew? The defense will play well enough but they are not dominant so they will allow their fair share of points. They did hold Murray to a very low YPA in the two meeting last season but he had like over 150 rushing yards and he will gash this defense with his legs again. This is a game that Norman will have to play and if he does, I don't see Ryans moving Moseley around to follow Hopkins. The corners will just play their respective sides but if Norman can't go again, then Moseley should be on Hopkins all game. 

Offensively this team is just struggling no other way around it. Jimmy has been mediocre and Lance is a raw 21 year old. Not promising when you look at it in that sense, but the run game got going and Mitchell should be good to go this week. So there is some reason to be optimistic there. 

I think this game is close and comes down to the wire where Murray leads the Cards to a last minute TD drive to win the game.

AZ 27

SF 24 

If your defense starts off with five 3 and outs, then you better have at the very least a 14-0 lead, if not more. Inexcusable for the offense to only put up 7 points during that stretch, especially against a future HOF QB who has OWNED you for a decade now. 

If we get off to a 17-0 or so lead, the game completely changes. Big blown opportunity and you can tell the defense is starting to get sick of the offense. 

• Like 4

I know we got some good injury updates on key guys like Williams, Jimmy G etc. But i'd rather shut them down for Arizona and let them heal during the bye. 

I do hope Elijah Mitchell & Josh Norman play on Sunday though

Jaylon Moore actually performed well at LT when Williams exited, however Chandler Jones will be extremely difficult to handle and he will need to be double-teamed/chipped

As for Lance, in 2/3 of his preseason games and last week, he tends to come out jittery but calms down as the game goes on. If he starts i expect our offense to be anemic for 2-3 drives, then slowly pick up some steam to the tune of say 24 points total. But i think Arizona scores 31, so 31-24 is my prediction

If Jimmy G starts, i fear it could be a repeat of the Miami game from last year. If he can't step into throws it'll be a disaster

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If your defense starts off with five 3 and outs, then you better have at the very least a 14-0 lead, if not more. Inexcusable for the offense to only put up 7 points during that stretch, especially against a future HOF QB who has OWNED you for a decade now. 

If we get off to a 17-0 or so lead, the game completely changes. Big blown opportunity and you can tell the defense is starting to get sick of the offense. 

Yes. I felt sorry for the defense. Had to be demoralizing seeing the offense **** a brick time, and time again. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Meant Jimmy's calf. Kittle's injury is also a calf I believe lol

I was confused with the ankle reference but then thought maybe it was Kittle because his leg and ankle got rolled up lol. 

"Jimmy will be limited today in practice. Woke up still sore but we're hoping he can do some things in practice."

Here, saved you a lot of time 😂.

• Like 1