Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

31 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So Kyle going to just waste time then. Lol if we lose to the colts with Jimmy, Kyle is going to get destroyed by fans and the media. 

I hate that I feel that way with regards to the decision, but I do. It's an apt description

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's Lance time regardless of what Ryan or Shanny says. He's giving Lance one more start at the very least. He will play against Indy and unless he is truly bad that game, he's not going back. Shanny should not go back but at least he would be able to sell it as Jimmy not being quite ready to return vs Indy. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm torn because it looked bad in that situation, but I believe that they had used it twice before and each time it was successful. So hard for me to argue the reasoning why you would use it there

We got the first down on that same very play against the Packers. I didn't have a problem with that play call but did have a problem with the first 4th down call where there was no other running threat in the backfield. Made it too easy to defend. 

Had no issue with the 4th down at the GL either...The team just did not execute, it happens. Good on Shanny for being ultra aggressive, that's the way to go. A little better play call here or there and a little better execution and the team would have won. Need to clean up on the areas that they can. 

No team we have faced that has looked on another level than us. Have competed with every team and looked at the very least as their equal. Just need to get wins over Indy/CHI after the bye week.

Feel pretty confident about the Cardinals game following those two games. This defense just has figured something out to slow that offense down. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was somewhat shocked by the number of designed runs. They have to lower that.  Should be like 3-5 in the right situations.  He's going to get 5 per game on scrambles anyway.

Same, what makes it worse is that between Mitchell, Sermon and Juice they combined for 12 carries. 12 freakin carries, this game plan was insane for a rookie QB. Let's rely on him to do everything. Lol 

I hate to share Cohn but he's not wrong. Kyle has been bad all year. I'm in the side of giving Kyle the benefit of the doubt for this year. But he needs to get poo together come out of the bye. This team isn't Superbowl caliber, not even playoffs at this point.

Edited by 49erurtaza

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still don't know what they consider a big time throw lol. It seems insanely subjective and random/arbitrary

It is, just like turnover worthy throws. The one thing that I hate about PFF is how much weight they put behind made-up, subjective stats like those. 

Edit- here's an article written by their 2 main numbers guys. They have a great podcast, but Chahrouri can be insufferable to listen to, Eager is great but is a Vikings fan who also happens to love the Chiefs.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-re-evaluating-the-nfl-passer-rating-using-big-time-turnover-worthy-throws

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1