Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that injury really has nothing to do with his knees lol. Seems like he is fine though.

All things considered, the defense did well that quarter holding the Cards to 10.

Offense needed to score at least once there, damn shame. 

Not all his injuries were based on his knees prior to his draft? The concern was over injuries in general, not his knees. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would he run the same offense with Lance that he does with Jimmy? A lot of same concepts with stuff mixed in to suit Lance's strengths...Offense has moved the ball well three times before that last drive. Just getting stopped at AZ's side of the field...Then Sanu drops a 20 yard potential reception. 

It's been mainly fine, not perfect but fine. Exactly what you should be expecting from someone like Lance's first start. 

I’m not saying it has to be exactly the same. I said I’m cool with mixing in the zone read stuff, but LIS, our offense shouldn’t be based off of it. The coaches said all week they were going to run their offense and mix in some stuff for Lance. Seems like they’ve done the complete opposite, which shouldn’t be entirely shocking. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Gotta agree with the old guy pundits. Lance is going to get destroyed over his career if he keeps trying to play like Cam. 

he should have had that TD, really needed to just go high. 

I think the biggest thing he has to get down is that it's not always about the homerun. Its good that he wants to go deep but don't hesitate checking it down when that guy is wide open.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Gotta agree with the old guy pundits. Lance is going to get destroyed over his career if he keeps trying to play like Cam. 

Yeah he hasn't really been sliding and is taking a lot of unnecessary hits

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’m not saying it has to be exactly the same. I said I’m cool with mixing in the zone read stuff, but LIS, our offense shouldn’t be based off of it. The coaches said all week they were going to run their offense and mix in some stuff for Lance. Seems like they’ve done the complete opposite, which shouldn’t be entirely shocking. 

Shanny is calling a game that makes Lance the most comfortable. McDaniel mentioned they had a different type of offense for Lance and that was one of the issues trying to get the entire team comfortable with by offenses. 

Lance is not a natural, pure drop back QB right now. I would not want the game to called the same way for him. 

8 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

If Lance gets another inch, this is a completely open game. 

Denied on 2 separate 4th downs by a total of 2 yards. If we could have gotten 10 points on those drives its an even game. We can't afford to make mistakes

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, GoLDRuSh47 said:

And now we just need Trey to settle down and stop overthrowing players. Still waiting on that deep pass…

If we are going to be inefficient in the passing game anyway, we really should just throw it deep more often to pick up huge yardage when it connects 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny is calling a game that makes Lance the most comfortable. McDaniel mentioned they had a different type of offense for Lance and that was one of the issues trying to get the entire team comfortable with by offenses. 

Lance is not a natural, pure drop back QB right now. I would not want the game to called the same way for him. 

Plus a lot of our "normal" plays look way different with Lance just by the fact he is almost a complete opposite of Jimmy.

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

I have no issues with him testing the limits a bit in this game. Its a big step up in competition for him obviously.

Long term he will need to protect himself more, but today? do whatever it takes to win

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not all his injuries were based on his knees prior to his draft? The concern was over injuries in general, not his knees. 

I mean mainly his knee and then "core" injury which he could have played at some point if he wanted to. 

But anyways, he's fine. Just fell on his hand/forearm. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Plus a lot of our "normal" plays look way different with Lance just by the fact he is almost a complete opposite of Jimmy.

Right, while Jimmy is making a quick slant pass or checking it down, Lance is looking further down the field.

A shot play will be called soon. Just need a quick stop after halftime.