Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So in the actual games we have seen Lance be inaccurate but in practice he would have high completion percentages...Now, practice is practice but I just think the game is moving a little too fast for him right now. All this talk about his mechanics and throwing too hard, I feel like he can still be fine if he is able to calm down a bit. The more he plays, the better he will get at that. I'm telling you guys, he's going to keep it close if he starts! 

His mechanics are back to being not great. Any work that he did in the off season to correct that is just completely gone based on what we saw. Not a back breaker...not everyone has perfect mechanics. 

I think he was clearly out of his mind sunday. So damn frantic, and freaked out. He looked completely overwhelmed and unprepared. It wasn't a great look, but says a lot that he could still come in and be effective. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

His mechanics are back to being not great. Any work that he did in the off season to correct that is just completely gone based on what we saw. Not a back breaker...not everyone has perfect mechanics. 

I think he was clearly out of his mind sunday. So damn frantic, and freaked out. He looked completely overwhelmed and unprepared. It wasn't a great look, but says a lot that he could still come in and be effective. 

But that just comes with the game moving too fast. Lynch even said after the first preseason game that he reverted back to his old self but that was not surprising...His mechanics are different in practice. When did he struggle in practice? In the move the ball and two minute drills. Why? Because everything is rushed and he has to move and think quickly. This is why the more he plays and the more comfortable he gets, the better his mechanics will be. Then he will start implementing all the things he learned and will start performing like he does in practice when the game isn't moving too fast for him.  

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I think a lot of that is on Kyle. Like we have mentioned already, he’s not getting the reps in practice, so when he was thrown in on Sunday he resorted to his basic instinct. So, hopefully this week he’s getting his reps and able to work on his craft and what he should not be doing. We noticed as the game went on, he got “comfortable.” You have to let him play Sunday. Kyle needs to back him up and not say things like, “that’s why he’s our 2nd qb.” Game plan for him and bring out your creativity. Worse comes to worse, after the bye week Jimmy comes back in if it doesn’t go well for Trey this week. 

Who knows, maybe this is our Kap like situation. Alex got hurt, Kap came in and looked rough. Next week we played the bears and Kap tore it up! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Trey is getting his first start.

Getcha popcorn ready!!!!

Even if Jimmy can play what's the chances his mobility won't have a effect. Just start Trey and reassess during the bye. 

Side note I watched the presser and man Kyle just seems in a really bad mood. Must be feeling the heat from the media slander. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Lance was clearly just completely overwhelmed, frantic and lost. His head was spinning

Only initially but he did settle in more and more as the game went on.

I went back and watched some of the coach's film (all 22) last night and boy, this kid is silky smooooth in his movement. You can really see it from the endzone cam. There was one snap that was very high and to his right and he casually caught it with one hand while he was looking to his left. Just smooooooth. I knew he was big and fast, but I didnt realize how well he changes direction. 

Side note - the all 22 is borderline unusable with the interface. It is a nightmare to use and it was absurdly glitchy. Hopefully this isnt the finished product. 

LETS HOPE KYLE GIVES GAROPPOLO THE AIYUK TREATMENT 

"oh you have a soft tissue injury? Go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200" 

"If you want to play the majority of the snaps, you have to be better than the guy behind you" 

TREY LANCE IS QB1 AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY HANDS

I Dont Know What To Do With My Hands GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Trey is getting his first start.

Getcha popcorn ready!!!!

Against Jones and Watt with a bruised up Trent Williams that might play...

#tommy karate kid from ▬☓🖤☓▬

Poor Lance. Think I'll switch out the popcorn for some prayer beads this time around. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

10 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Against Jones and Watt with a bruised up Trent Williams that might play...

#tommy karate kid from ▬☓🖤☓▬

Poor Lance. Think I'll switch out the popcorn for some prayer beads this time around. 

Oh, I'm fully bracing for some UGLY moments on Sunday. The Cardinals at least can be had on the ground so there is some hope the run game keeps the team in it. All I'm hoping for in terms of Lance is that he stays poised and confidence through all the rough moments and does not panic.