Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Idk what to say anymore. Maybe Shanahan is protecting Lance because he knows hes not ready as a thrower. If Lance plays of the rest of the season like he did today, he’ll probably get hurt like RG3. Rg3 was still a better thrower at this point than Lance was. With the way our D was playing today, do you guys think we would have won with Jimmy in? I’m a Lance fan boy and pray he works out but just being realistic..I’m just stunned by how bad our offense has been since the Lions game. Absolutely anemic. It’s tough to watch when I turn on the other games and see Dak and Herbert and all of the other stud young QBs. The real failure here goes back to the draft when we took Thomas and didn’t even bother to watch tape on Watson and Mahomes. 

6 minutes ago, Meow said:

Not surprised. I mean, Shanahan is the dummy that kept rolling out Nick Mullens last year despite the fact Nick cost us 3 games and was one of the top 3 QB's in terms of turning the ball over. I'm not going to stop saying it...Shanahan is not a good coach. From terrible play calling, to bad personnel decisions, he needs to go. 

Lol he does not need to go. You can look at overall record and disregard context. I though when he was hired, it was a minimum 3 year rebuild before we were competitive. We got to the show in year 3 and neeely won it based on defense and Kyle consistently out coaching other teams. Last year we had 90 +million on IR. 

kyle is a good coach, if he gets fired, he gets hired tomorrow. 

BUT the clock is ticking. Jed can be buddy buddy with these guys all he wants, but the fans and media are losing patience and if this team finished with anything less than 8-9/9-8, then next year should become hard make or break.

3 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

With the way our D was playing today, do you guys think we would have won with Jimmy in?

No reason for me to think that given what happened in the Seattle game. Certainly possible, just no reason for me to think it as likely or anything

Just now, Forge said:

No reason for me to think that given what happened in the Seattle game. Certainly possible, just no reason for me to think it as likely or anything

Yup. Weird game from the get go. But Jimmy has not been leading these team to scoring in bunches…I think he’s nominally better than lance right now, which is to say he should not be starting at all…which means he’s starting.

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Lol he does not need to go. You can look at overall record and disregard context. I though when he was hired, it was a minimum 3 year rebuild before we were competitive. We got to the show in year 3 and neeely won it based on defense and Kyle consistently out coaching other teams. Last year we had 90 +million on IR. 

kyle is a good coach, if he gets fired, he gets hired tomorrow. 

BUT the clock is ticking. Jed can be buddy buddy with these guys all he wants, but the fans and media are losing patience and if this team finished with anything less than 8-9/9-8, then next year should become hard make or break.

LOL. Kyle is not a good coach. Good coach's don't call gimmick QB sneaks with a Fullback from 1 1/2 yards out on 4th down. Or kicking a 40 yard field goal with a punter on 4th and 5 when the offense was moving the ball at will. Good coach's don't constantly have 4th quarter collapses. 

Sorry, but reality and stats don't back up your claim. Shanahan has a horrible record and the 49ers are by far the worst scoring team in the NFC west. He's not a good coach, he's better suited for strictly an OC position. 

Edited by Meow

2 minutes ago, Meow said:

LOL. Kyle is not a good coach. Good coach's don't call gimmick QB sneaks with a Fullback from 1 1/2 yards out on 4th down. Or kicking a 40 yard field goal with a punter on 4th and 5 when the offense was moving the ball at will. 

Sorry, but reality and stats don't back up your claim. Shanahan has a horrible record and the 49ers are by far the worst scoring team in the NFC west. He's not a good coach, he's better suited for strictly and OC position. 

Are you actually interested in having a conversation about this or is this conclusive for you?

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I’ll say this, I’m more concerned about personnel decisions than I am coaching. 

I loved the aggression today and I hope that he doesn't go back to being so conservative on those calls moving forward. I can deal with some of his tendencies in game because I think his offensive mind makes up for it 

With you on personnel though 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I loved the aggression today and I hope that he doesn't go back to being so conservative on those calls moving forward. I can deal with some of his tendencies in game because I think his offensive mind makes up for it 

With you on personnel though 

Other posters pointed to this in previous weeks, the lack of aggression really may have been a Jimmy thing. 

it’s crazy with the personnel though. Like, we aren’t BAD at acquiring talent. But it feels like we should be a lot better than we are. Like, Kinlaw and McGlinch aren’t bad, but at the cost of Minkah and Wirfs..it just hurts so much more.

just feels like we’re hitting doubles when we should be hitting home runs.