Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

No surprise, it is silly to expect him to be ready for Sunday. If he can't push off the leg, how exactly is he going to play? His throws got worse and worse as the game progressed vs Seattle and that was adrenaline helping him out. 

This is going to be the Trey show....for good or bad lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm going to say it, Trey keeps the job from here on out. 

It depends on the situation. I think if we get behind early because the defense gets lit up the first couple of drives, Trey is going to end up looking bad, which may encourage Shanny to stick with Jimmy because he's trying to make the playoffs. 

If we run the ball down their throats, keep the offense on the sideline and are able to basically do the 2012 washington vibe? I think he may be inclined to stick with Trey. Honestly, I think he really wants to run his offense and doesn't think he can do it in it's entirety with Trey. I don't think he wants to run a watered down version of his own offense. i think that was one of the reasons he has stuck with Jimmy. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fun trivia nugget...

If we lose this weekend, Shanny officially has a worse winning percentage than Mike Singletary lol 

Stats without context are amazing sometimes

Exactly! Singletary never got us anywhere near the Super Bowl. Why? He was pathetic at choosing his coaching personnel and at game management and...aw, never mind. Enough. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This does not make sense to me but whatever. Kinlaw clearly gets to Wilson first and has a hand on him.

Oh well, so Ford is on pace for over 12 sacks and Bosa is on pace for 17 sacks.

The rest of the team? No bueno! 

Ebukam has been an absolute disaster. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Going to call bs on that given how unprepared the team and Lance were when the switch came. 

I think I remember shanny saying afterwards that Lance only had a small package of specialized plays ready to go

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to call bs on that given how unprepared the team and Lance were when the switch came. 

I think I remember shanny saying afterwards that Lance only had a small package of specialized plays ready to go

The first team OL were almost all with Jimmy - and they’ve struggled to block some of the weirder QB run stuff. The second team OL seemed to have a full Trey package (and receivers and backs have rotated between) in practice (but not in the preseason for reasons). It seems very clear that some of the attempts to improve Trey’s weaknesses and prepare Jimmy have messed with Trey’s ability to use what things he is currently good at when games roll around. Which was predictable. I didn’t want to keep Jimmy - I think it was a part of the whole “we’ll run the 2019 team back and it’ll be good!” Thing that has pervaded our thought processes for two years. And that team required a lot of quality DB play, top level RB play, DT play that was so good that it drew frequent double teams, and facing quite a lot of bad QBs along the way. They relied on top 5 defense - which is more prone to regression. They were a great team - but without the depth at corner, Breida as a speedy complement, Buckner, and Jameis and co, this team wasn’t going to win 13 games. It really isn’t without Varrett and Mostert for 16 games. And the only reason to keep Jimmy is if you’re a Super Bowl contender - Trey is raw, but raw in the way where he desperately needs reps against this level of talent. And he needs to run an offense built for his talents. The coaching staff and front office wanted to stretch across both approaches, and they’ve failed to either contend or develop Trey in the most efficient way possible. I think a lot of teams have learned the surface level lesson from the Patrick Mahomes year without considering the dominoes that align that made that work for the Chiefs. The first was a lot of new offensive innovations that allowed them to elevate Alex Smith for half the season until other teams caught on. But we’ve spent all of our clever making Jimmy G look better bullets already. He’s been here for a long time. 

• Like 6