Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

14 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Trey throws so comfortable outside the pocket. 

And yet like someone mentioned earlier, no designed rollouts…Lance is basically playing backyard football. He climbs the pocket well, but I’m honestly shocked that Kyle didn’t incorporate any PA rollouts. He literally took away his run game as well. Kyle didn’t seem creative at all this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

And yet like someone mentioned earlier, no designed rollouts…Lance is basically playing backyard football. He climbs the pocket well, but I’m honestly shocked that Kyle didn’t incorporate any PA rollouts. He literally took away his run game as well. Kyle didn’t seem creative at all this week.

I had the exact same thought. Why doesn't he have any designed rollouts? It's strange. Also is Lance throwing motion quicker when he rolls out of the pocket or just me? 

• Like 1

Sheesh Rex lol.

That throw from Trey>>>>>>>

LIS, he does all the small things so well that some vet QBs cannot even do. He's going to definitely have to work on his release and knowing when to take steam off the ball but it's going to be amazing once he becomes a finished product. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sheesh Rex lol.

That throw from Trey>>>>>>>

LIS, he does all the small things so well that some vet QBs cannot even do. He's going to definitely have to work on his release and knowing when to take steam off the ball but it's going to be amazing once he becomes a finished product. 

To channel my inner Denny Green...

"He is who we thought he was!!!!"

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I actually listened to the podcast as it's one of my favorites. Mays, after years of being in love with Shanny, is just kind of out on him and the roster as a whole. He kind of feels like we are in no man's land and Shanny is just not being as creative and interesting as he has been. Neither was overly hard on Lance, though both acknowledged it wasn't pretty. 

For me, the difference between how he looked in this game and the Seattle game in just how he was running the offense was night and day. That was probably the biggest thing for me to really make me certain we should be going with Lance moving forward. It was far more calm in this game. 

Nate also thinks Trey has so much wobble on his passes because he's gripping the ball too tightly. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's certainly a decision

My initial reaction seeing the edge on that inverted veer was that it was a touchdown all the way. Then again, my eyes were calibrated by Onterrio McCalebb’s 4.2 squirrel-catching speed.