Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is it though? You expect Lance to take advantage of that and for our passing game to dominate? 

Going to have to throw it at some point and that passing defense is one of the best in the league and Murphy has quietly been an excellent corner this year. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to have to throw it at some point and that passing defense is one of the best in the league and Murphy has quietly been an excellent corner this year. 

Absolutely, but I just don't think this will be a huge loss or anything. Murphy has played well but that pass rush and safety play is obviously good to. 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

That will seal it 

Jimmy was never playing man, this was just Shanny trying to pressure him into going like he did last season. THE MAN WAS THROWNIG BASICALLY FLAT FOOTED FOR AN ENTIRE QUARTER IF NOT MORE! He was never going to be able to play the following week. I bet even the game against the Colts he may be questionable but likely will be good to go by then. 

I will say one thing, Jimmy being such a heavy upper body thrower was still able to sort of pull it off. I mean he was pretty bad after the first drive but watching some of his throws, he was able to get enough muster to at least give the receiver somewhat of a chance...Some of his misses were plain bad though.

On to the Trey era, let's go!!!!

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Peanut butter dwelley time 

Peanut butter dwelley time

I mean, Dwelley’s been weirdly good through practice, preseason, and limited regular season action this year. I don’t want to not have Kittle, but it’ll be interesting to see how good. And if Lance can play well enough for us to get a feel for everyone on offense. I expect to lose, but if the loss is somewhat competitive (like the Seattle one), it won’t feel too bad. Anyone predicting a Justin Fields against the Browns start is nuts. Like, Shanahan has issues, but playing around with quarterback and line limitations is one of the things that he is absolutely brilliant at. There is a -9000% chance he would have had a no-chip, no-max protect game plan against Myles Garrett. If Lance craps the bed, it’ll be missing throws and getting too amped up. And maybe taking a couple of sacks. The Cardinals will break through (especially Chandler Jones), but if Lance keeps his head, he can make some plays in this one. Not enough to keep up with the current MVP, mind. But enough to be fun. Maybe we’ll have the other side of that Halloween game in 2019 that we played in Arizona against them. 

18 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I mean, Dwelley’s been weirdly good through practice, preseason, and limited regular season action this year. I don’t want to not have Kittle, but it’ll be interesting to see how good. And if Lance can play well enough for us to get a feel for everyone on offense. I expect to lose, but if the loss is somewhat competitive (like the Seattle one), it won’t feel too bad. Anyone predicting a Justin Fields against the Browns start is nuts. Like, Shanahan has issues, but playing around with quarterback and line limitations is one of the things that he is absolutely brilliant at. There is a -9000% chance he would have had a no-chip, no-max protect game plan against Myles Garrett. If Lance craps the bed, it’ll be missing throws and getting too amped up. And maybe taking a couple of sacks. The Cardinals will break through (especially Chandler Jones), but if Lance keeps his head, he can make some plays in this one. Not enough to keep up with the current MVP, mind. But enough to be fun. Maybe we’ll have the other side of that Halloween game in 2019 that we played in Arizona against them. 

How I feel is perfectly clear as mud...

In my big money league, I'm starting Lance over Herbert and starting the Arizona D lol 

• Like 1

With Mitchell returning and Sermon looking better, I'd be very confident in our run game if Kittle was playing. But him being out can make things a little tricky. Should still be fine but Dwelley is not a good run blocker. 

Sherfield will magically get 10x the snaps he got the last two weeks? Lol. 

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sorry for the Nate Sudfield truthers.

Im excited to see what Lance can do with a full game and prep. I expect growing pains though. It probably won't be a pretty game in general but still, have to see what he has.