Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

29 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Twitter Niner flipping out about this. They already talking about trading Kittle. Lol 

Twitter has been freaking out about George and Trey for a little bit. Lots of little stuff that they want to throw conspiracies on to. Last week it was his comment about not executing down the stretch and people thought he was throwing shade on Trey as well. People take trying to find stuff it seems like

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Twitter has been freaking out about George and Trey for a little bit. Lots of little stuff that they want to throw conspiracies on to. Last week it was his comment about not executing down the stretch and people thought he was throwing shade on Trey as well. People take trying to find stuff it seems like

I don't understand this toxicity lol. People are wild.

• Like 1

A thought I had considering new PS rules: 

Slye has a huge leg. He's hit from deep 50s at a decently high clip 

Gould is money under 50, but he struggles from beyond that 

If we can get Slye on the PS late in the year/in the playoffs, he could be called up to hit 50+ yarders and anything less than 50 would be for Gould 

Could decide a game and would be a pretty great strategy imo 

If Deebo stays healthy and has a monster season, what are we going to do with him after the season? Shanny obviously loves to utilize him and is a big fan of his in that regard...But he as well as Welker have not been big fans of the shape he keeps himself in the offseason. This offseason was different (must have been the hot yoga @Forge!) and he is absolutely killing it. But he is injury prone and plays a physical brand of football that may not last for long. Do we just let it play out and then decide to tag him or do we look to potentially move him for a high pick? I bet if Aiyuk was having a better season they would be more open to that. But now? Not sure. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Deebo stays healthy and has a monster season, what are we going to do with him after the season? Shanny obviously loves to utilize him and is a big fan of his in that regard...But he as well as Welker have not been big fans of the shape he keeps himself in the offseason. This offseason was different (must have been the hot yoga @Forge!) and he is absolutely killing it. But he is injury prone and plays a physical brand of football that may not last for long. Do we just let it play out and then decide to tag him or do we look to potentially move him for a high pick? I bet if Aiyuk was having a better season they would be more open to that. But now? Not sure. 

It's all about cost. I've been one of the earlier people to float the idea that he wouldn't be around after the rookie deal..but I also expected a degree of continued competence from Aiyuk lol. Right now, that has simply not happened. 

I can't pay Deebo top receiver money. Too much risk with regards to health and this staff is out of that excuse. So after the season I'd kick around some numbers with Deebo's camp and if it's out of my price range, I'm okay with moving him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's all about cost. I've been one of the earlier people to float the idea that he wouldn't be around after the rookie deal..but I also expected a degree of continued competence from Aiyuk lol. Right now, that has simply not happened. 

I can't pay Deebo top receiver money. Too much risk with regards to health and this staff is out of that excuse. So after the season I'd kick around some numbers with Deebo's camp and if it's out of my price range, I'm okay with moving him. 

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what happens here. The last few years, Deebo has essentially been THE offense when he has been on the field...But he is going to be prone to injuries his entire career. Maybe the hot yoga will prevent the hammy injuries and he can still have 4-5 more great seasons. 

But can you guarantee the man will take his body seriously in the offseason every single year?? Will he do what he did this offseason the rest of his career? 

Not sure to be honest and again, if Aiyuk was playing like he did last season, the decision may have been a little easier. Aiyuk still has time obviously but a very disappointing to start to the season...Not all his fault of course as Jimmy flat out does not give him any shots on the sidelines. That should change now that Lance will be taking over...potentially for the rest of the season. But even he is not ready to be a consistent every down passer.

Over/under 41.5 runs tomorrow? 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've maintained from jump that we'll never pay WRs top dollar in this offense. Shanny can manufacture production from WRs as long as he has the horses in the backfield and the O-Line to make the run game pop. I think it was one of the reasons why up until this recent draft, we had taken a WR within the first 4 rounds of every draft since 2018. Kittle will be the closest we'll ever see to a top end receiving talent get paid. And a majority of that was based off other facets of his game that help the offense (mainly his blocking). Regardless of the season he has, I doubt Deebo is resigned. Especially if he continues to play himself out of our price range.

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I've maintained from jump that we'll never pay WRs top dollar in this offense. Shanny can manufacture production from WRs as long as he has the horses in the backfield and the O-Line to make the run game pop. I think it was one of the reasons why up until this recent draft, we had taken a WR within the first 4 rounds of every draft since 2018. Kittle will be the closest we'll ever see to a top end receiving talent get paid. And a majority of that was based off other facets of his game that help the offense (mainly his blocking). Regardless of the season he has, I doubt Deebo is resigned. Especially if he continues to play himself out of our price range.

With the way the college game is pumping out receiver classes, I honestly don't hate the strategy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, including Lance's runs, which I expect to be in the 7-10 range. 

I'll still take the under, I think. Averaging about 66 plays per game, I believe. I could certainly see us run the ball 31 times and him pick up 10 more rushes on pass plays or 34 rushes with 7 pass play runs, but that's probably the top of the range for me. Both Arizona and SF have one of the slower paces of play as well.

Even in idyllic circumstances, we maintain a roughly 50/50 split and there is a reasonable chance that the circumstances aren't perfect. 

Hot take, we force 2-3 turnovers this game. One INT either by Warner or one of the safeties and then a fumble forced by one of the DL. The fact that forcing two turnovers is even considered a hot take shows how pathetic it has been in terms of forcing TOs this season lol.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'll still take the under, I think. Averaging about 66 plays per game, I believe. I could certainly see us run the ball 31 times and him pick up 10 more rushes on pass plays or 34 rushes with 7 pass play runs, but that's probably the top of the range for me. Both Arizona and SF have one of the slower paces of play as well.

Even in idyllic circumstances, we maintain a roughly 50/50 split and there is a reasonable chance that the circumstances aren't perfect. 

Thin it will be close but the game flow will obviously play a part. 

So looks like Jimmy had a calf contusion....and strain??? I've had a calf strain and there is no way in hell you recover in a week lol. He's not a guarantee to play vs the Colts either. 

I don't know why Shanny just pre-diagnosis these guys beforehand. Just say a calf injury and don't know the extent of it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So looks like Jimmy had a calf contusion....and strain??? I've had a calf strain and there is no way in hell you recover in a week lol. He's not a guarantee to play vs the Colts either. 

I don't know why Shanny just pre-diagnosis these guys beforehand. Just say a calf injury and don't know the extent of it. 

The injury is a lot of fun for the conspiracy theorists because it has done a sort of weird metamorphosis since it happened.