Week 5 GDT: (2-2) Saints at (2-2) WFT 1 PM EST on CBS (Sopranos theme)

MikeT14

no.png&h=100&w=100 vs wsh.png&h=100&w=100

CBS 

10/10

1:00 PM ET

Injury Report

no.png&h=100&w=100New Orleans Saints
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Tony Jones Jr., RB Questionable
Oct 3
Terron Armstead, OT Questionable
Oct 5
Erik McCoy, C Questionable
Oct 5
wsh.png&h=100&w=100Washington
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Logan Thomas, TE Questionable
Oct 4
Torry McTyer, CB Out
Oct 4
Jon Bostic, LB Out
Oct 4
Brandon Scherff, G Out
Oct 4
Benjamin St-Juste, CB Questionable
Oct 5

Spread: Saints -1/OU 44.5

Team Stats

no.png&h=100&w=100 wsh.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 23.5 25.3
Points Allowed Per Game 17.3 30.5
Total Yards 289.0 346.5
Yards Passing 156.3 243.3
Yards Rushing 132.8 103.3
Yards Allowed 360.5 425.5
Pass Yards Allowed 294.5 307.0
Rush Yards Allowed 66.0 118.5

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

giphy.gif 

1) Cordarrelle KILLED us last week. Will Kamara do the same?

2) Jameis used to be a turnover and sack machine. He's only thrown an INT in one game this season, and he's had two games of 0 sacks, and the other two combined for 7. He's also thrown the ball between 20 and 23 times in EVERY game so far. 

3) Taysom Hill will be involved. Can we stop him?

4) Who steps up at WR? We can rely on Terry, but will we see more Samuel? 

5) This defense is tough. Taylor might not get away with the stuff he did last week. 

16849.gif

• Like 1

I think we’ll win this one largely on the back of Terry and Taylor again. I do expect the defense to play better with Bostic out. I think Khaleke Hudson shows he should’ve been playing this whole time. I think it will be another shootout but I expect Chase to have a good game finally.

34 Washington

24 Saints

We tack on a garbage touchdown at the end to put it away with a pick 6 by Curl. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think we’ll win this one largely on the back of Terry and Taylor again. I do expect the defense to play better with Bostic out. I think Khaleke Hudson shows he should’ve been playing this whole time. I think it will be another shootout but I expect Chase to have a good game finally.

34 Washington

24 Saints

That's a healthy amount of points, and would be the most they've given up all season. Considering they gave up 27 to the Giants though, it's possible. I just think this is a little lower scoring with how their offense has been operating. Before last week the points allowed were 3, 26, 13. I'm tracking more towards 23-20, right around that OU.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

34 Washington

24 Saints

boondock saints body GIF

This would make me very happy. The pessimist in me is very doubtful of it though. 

I’m sorry for those who think we will in this game, truly I am. We aren’t playing the Falcons defense this week.

I think Heinicke will play fine but won’t have near 300 yards like he did last week. I think we’re looking at more like a 200-250 yard game this week like we got our out of Heinicke & the passing game vs the Bills.

I don’t know what to really expect from the Saints offense with Jameis or our defense because each is erratic & our defense will be starting at least one new LB & we could see Davis & Hudson have a lot of snaps.

I also am very worried about Jameis’s ability to stretch the field which we all know he can do and how many coverages our D has been blowing the first month of the season bc of all the communication.

Bottomline this could be a one score game that goes either way if our D finally shows up or it could be a blow out of Jameis catches fire with his WRs or if Kamara finally “gets right” which seems to be a theme vs our defense and I predict Kamara will have a huge game.

Saints: 34

WTF: 24

point sopranos GIF by Sky

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

34 Washington

24 Saints

Ha! We picked the same score but I picked the Aints to beat us 34-24.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude you’re so far off the deep end with Chase that there’s no coming back lol

Come on man. You liked the GIF , You did right I see you smiling .. Come on -admit it . 😎

Edited by RSkinGM

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m sorry for those who think we will in this game, truly I am. We aren’t playing the Falcons defense this week.

Whoa, Mr. Rose Colored Shades is missing folks. 

I think Heinicke will play fine but won’t have near 300 yards like he did last week. I think we’re looking at more like a 200-250 yard game this week like we got our out of Heinicke & the passing game vs the Bills.

I agree. Should be less than 300.

Kamara finally “gets right” which seems to be a theme vs our defense and I predict Kamara will have a huge game.

Kamara has been good to great for 3 of 4 games. It wouldn't be a "get right" game. 

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's a healthy amount of points, and would be the most they've given up all season. Considering they gave up 27 to the Giants though, it's possible. I just think this is a little lower scoring with how their offense has been operating. Before last week the points allowed were 3, 26, 13. I'm tracking more towards 23-20, right around that OU.

While the Saints haven’t been lighting it up much recently, we seem to be every offenses “get right game” at the moment so until the D shows me that won’t happen, I’m going to believe we won’t hold anyone to under 30 pts.