Week 5 GDT: (2-2) Saints at (2-2) WFT 1 PM EST on CBS (Sopranos theme)

MikeT14

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Good thing we signed a 5th TE.

I bet he plays over Reyes. Reyes isn’t really ready to contribute. He’s just on the roster so we don’t lose him and can develop him for next year. It’s very telling that when Thomas got hurt & will be out for at least a month that we signed another TE off a practice squad right away. 

• Like 1

See, y'all picked the Sopranos. That was the wrong organized crime show. No, for Washington and Jack Del Rio in particular? No, we need Dewey Crowe.

d952b83ed569f2f06e20ba77fa646ba3.gif

(adding Justified to the list of shows to watch would be a good choice)

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:40 PM, turtle28 said:

I bet he plays over Reyes. Reyes isn’t really ready to contribute. He’s just on the roster so we don’t lose him and can develop him for next year. It’s very telling that when Thomas got hurt & will be out for at least a month that we signed another TE off a practice squad right away. 

Bates was pretty darn solid last week.  I would be happy to see him and ricky seal jones man the position.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Bates was pretty darn solid last week.  I would be happy to see him and ricky seal jones man the position.  

I want to wait a few more weeks out of him to see what we have. Of course, with Thomas on IR, that's exactly what we're gonna get. Hopefully we find out we have something there. I would LOVE to have solid TE depth for the first time in awhile.

11 hours ago, offbyone said:

I feel the same way. There was one block that Bates missed that I saw on someone’s All-21 breakdown on YouTube but outside of that he was solid. And, I agree about RSJ. I tried to tell people when he was signed that this was a good signing, he would be good depth. He’s a converted WR who was actually a great college WR, he just wasn’t fast enough to be a pro WR so he got moved to TE. He’s worked a lot on his blocking over the last 4 or 5 years and gotten bigger and stronger. I’m glad we signed him, I liked the signing from the start. 

I get peoples apprehension about Bates bc as a fanbase people locked into Brevin Jordan bc he played at Miami and was a bigger name, but the truth is if you watched what Bates did in Senior Bowl practices, you saw a guy who was solid in every area. He’s likely not going to ever be a pro bowl player for us, but he looks like he’ll be a very solid selection as a 4th round pick and at worst be a back up for us for a long time & I don’t put it past him to eventually be our starter when Logan retires w/in a handful of years.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 11:46 AM, lavar703 said:

So is Jamin Davis starting? I’m guessing he is since we haven’t heard anything. I wonder if Khaleke Hudson ends up playing more? 

I sure hope so to both, but I haven’t heard. I was out of town in West Virginia for work all week.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:58 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Curtis Samuel was held out today because of a groin injury...

Sounds familiar

Oh wow that's not good we keep playing and uphill battle. Time for Humphries.

Edited by 4209

16 hours ago, 4209 said:

I heard this injury wasn’t a bad stress fracture and it’s something he can play through, at least for now, another side of this is that we can see more Jarrett Patterson which we’d all like to see anyway & McKissic has played really well this year and could use some more snaps.