Week 5 GDT: (2-2) Saints at (2-2) WFT 1 PM EST on CBS (Sopranos theme)

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Yeap that's pathetic. There's alot of HM jokes down here about the WFT. This play really exemplifies the current state of mind of our D. And that's even talking about all of the other pathetic performances.  This is the normal pattern now. It appears we should expext this every wk. I mean it's the same old sad song, the same old theme.  We are totally DEFENSELLESS both by ground and especially through the AIR. 

Here’s my thing, I just can’t get over how clueless the LBs we play & safeties we play are in zone coverages. If a guy comes into your zone… YOU MATCH UP WITH HIM!! You don’t stare at the QB to see where he’s going to throw! IF YOU ARE THE DEEP SAFETY, STAY DEEP!

It’s ok if a guy catches a 15-20 yard in route over the LB & you come up and make a tackle, but for god’s sake, don’t allow a 50 to 60-yard momentum changing bomb go over your head for a TD!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 10:16 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I was trying out something new. I was quickly disabused of any notions of positivity. I was literally that meme of the guy sweating and trying to choose between two buttons.

So basically

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 7:35 AM, turtle28 said:

I wish I hadn’t, still nothing but excuses. Changes need to be made with who’s coaching this defense & who’s playing on this defense bc the guys we have playing are blowing their assignments or frankly just aren’t good enough.

You can tell Rivera is about ready to blow though! He knows we’re awful & changes need to happen.

I just hope he starts benching some of these vets who keep blowing coverages & I hope he gives the younger guys a chance bc what do we have to lose?

The problem is the changes he has to make require him to break with his loyalties. Effectively, he's caught in a bind between benching/firing "his guys" and actually succeeding. Right now, loyalty is weighing him down.

We'll see if he drowns.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, Woz said:

The problem is the changes he has to make require him to break with his loyalties. Effectively, he's caught in a bind between benching/firing "his guys" and actually succeeding. Right now, loyalty is weighing him down.

We'll see if he drowns.

I honestly don’t see it ending well for Rivera in DC unless next off-season we’re able to acquire a good/great QB through FA (Rodgers), through trade (Watson if cleared) or a good prospect in the draft and that player works out for at least a few years or in a draft picks case, long term.

I think the D will improve the 2nd half of the year & next year w/ a few more upgrades but w/o a good to great starting QB, Rivera’s record will never be more than mediocre in DC.

Edited by turtle28