QBs in the 2022 Draft

mwalker

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This class makes me want to draft a mid round QB and sign a Vet. I like Ridder, but he’s going to go too high.

Can I interest you in a Roethlisberger clone and Walter Payon Award winning QB named Cole Kelly?

https://lionsports.net/sports/football/roster/cole-kelley/8690

If you would like a smaller more mobile prospect we have Eric Barriere

https://goeags.com/sports/football/roster/eric-barriere/7479

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 2:39 AM, jebrick said:

Can I interest you in a Roethlisberger clone and Walter Payon Award winning QB named Cole Kelly?

https://lionsports.net/sports/football/roster/cole-kelley/8690

If you would like a smaller more mobile prospect we have Eric Barriere

https://goeags.com/sports/football/roster/eric-barriere/7479

I love you keep selling this guy. 
I still like C.Strong, but now I'll watch some highlights...

5 hours ago, mwalker said:

I love you keep selling this guy. 
I still like C.Strong, but now I'll watch some highlights...

I am going to guess that the Steelers will NOT have a top 10 pick this year. Because none QBs have really stood out, I would assume that Riddler and  Strong go in the top 10.  Willis is a wildcard.  Corral could go in top 10 but I think he slides because of height.  If they do not love any of those 4 then take a chance on these others.

I've watched Strong for a couple of games, and he is a statue back there. He has a nice arm, but I am not sure he can move enough in the NFL to use it. I've watched Kelley a little bit too, and I like his mobility and arm strength, but I see more Cam in him than I see young Ben. In college and early in his NFL career, Ben would escape the pocket and throw on the run. When Kelley runs, he tucks the ball and gets up field. 

Two guys I think would be good for the Steelers are Ridder and Pickett in the 2nd round. A lot of teams need QBs (as usual), so these guys could go in the 1st.

If Kelley is there in the 3rd, why not?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Pickett is Rudolph with a better pocket presence.  His arm will let down the team that drafts him as the starter.

Quoting your post, but responding to a few above...

Agree on your Pickett comp. Great season, but just don't think he's starter material in the NFL.

I don't think Ridder or Strong are top 10 picks. No way. Maybe M.Willis (I wouldn't) 
There's too many talented lineman and defensive players in this draft with average QBs.

I think we'll pick somewhere closer to mid teens.

So I think we could get a look at...
M.Corral (maybe. might just be a college QB)),
S.Howell (maybe. could be a system guy.)
D.Ridder (his accuracy really worries me),
C.Strong (yes, a statue, but has a canon with accuracy).

M.Willis is a real wildcard. Guy is special as an athlete and has a big arm,
but the lack of starts (competition) worries me. Someone will take a flyer early though.

I'm not convinced we draft a QB, which sounds crazy, I know, but I think OT, OG, CB, S (if Edmunds leaves) are bigger needs.
I'd be very curious what we do if the DTs D.Leal and J.Davis are available, with our aging DLine.

11 hours ago, mwalker said:

I'm not convinced we draft a QB, which sounds crazy, I know, but I think OT, OG, CB, S (if Edmunds leaves) are bigger needs.
I'd be very curious what we do if the DTs D.Leal and J.Davis are available, with our aging DLine.

I think you're right on this one. I don't think we'll draft a subpar QB just because we have a need. I hope Artie Burns is seared into their minds regarding that. This team can reload in the draft. I think we'll end up with a nice couple of comps. We need to bolster the trenches, especially the D-line. Don't write off ILB as a need. Bush is shaky and Schobert isn't a lock to be back. We really need some big uglies on the D-line. I'd love to look for a DT/DE guy, someone 320+. We need someone that can push the pocket and can clog the middle. 

Canada would be fine with Ben circa 2004.  He does not need Lamar Jackson to make it work

Riddler's accuracy is correctable.  If they are drafting Josh Allen high, then Riddler is a top 10 pick.

I am totally for building a great team before getting the QB but I would still take a lower risk pick on Kelly or Barriere

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

Canada would be fine with Ben circa 2004.  He does not need Lamar Jackson to make it work

Riddler's accuracy is correctable.  If they are drafting Josh Allen high, then Riddler is a top 10 pick.

I am totally for building a great team before getting the QB but I would still take a lower risk pick on Kelly or Barriere

Don't know man, D.Ridder never dominates.
J.Allen did. 

I see D.Ridder as more Jason Campbell.

Edited by mwalker