QBs in the 2022 Draft

mwalker

44 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If you like Rudolph you will like Pickett.

Give me the player that passed for 600+ yards this weekend and had 6 TDs.  3 rushing and 3 passing

I'm with you 100% on Kelley, but I think you're underestimating Pickett's arm and mobility. Mason's passes in college seemed to float. Pickett has some zip. 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

If you like Rudolph you will like Pickett

If Pickett is Rudolph but with natural pocket abilities -- that's a good football player. Rudolph has more than enough arm to play in the NFL, but he has zero instincts in the pocket and it leads to a mess of problems for him. That's never going to get better. You can't turn on instincts, so I will never believe Mason to be more than what we have seen. 

So if Pickett is that, but just more naturally an 11 on 11 QB, but a 7 on 7 like Mason. Sign me up. 

On 11/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, jebrick said:

Rudolph has a below average NFL arm.  I have not seen anything from Pickett to say that he has a better arm than Rudolph

Pickett can drive the ball better, but Rudoph is/was a better downfield thrower.

I view Pickett pretty similarly to Rudolph, insomuch as there is nothing that really stands out about him.   He is more mobile than Rudolph and has better intermediate accuracy.

I wouldnt mind having Pickett...but not until day 3.   I think he has better upside, but I still see him as a backup or stop gap at best.  

13 hours ago, jebrick said:

Pickett is a NFL career backup.

Give me Cole Kelly

You've got me pretty hyped about Cole Kelley. If you had to put on your predicting hat right now, where do you think he gets drafted? He's got concerns about LOC, but he's doing what someone in his position needs to do about that. He absolutely dominates games. I do kind of hope he's actually 6'5-6'6, though. Those 6'7 QBs are worrisome. I'd be happy if we snagged him in the 2nd right now. 

He won the Walter Payton award in 2020 and will likely win it in 2021.  If I am comparing him to other top college QBs the only knock is LOC.  So where do they put him?  I would say the 3rd round but with the total lack of people following him you could get him in the 5th.  But I am just looking at draft boards.  NFL teams might have him on the radar.

Arm strength: check

Accuracy: check

Decision making: Check

I think/hope he plays in the Senior bowl and then he will get some hype.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

He won the Walter Payton award in 2020 and will likely win it in 2021.  If I am comparing him to other top college QBs the only knock is LOC.  So where do they put him?  I would say the 3rd round but with the total lack of people following him you could get him in the 5th.  But I am just looking at draft boards.  NFL teams might have him on the radar.

Arm strength: check

Accuracy: check

Decision making: Check

I think/hope he plays in the Senior bowl and then he will get some hype.

I'd say that another knock is what happened at Arkansas. Maybe not a big deal, but it is something to look into. Hopefully he learned from the experience and has matured. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What exactly did happen at Arkansas? I'm not too familiar 

What jebrick said to a point, but there were coaching changes involved as well, plus he got a DWI after an atrocious game. Basically, he was benched and transferred out. So, my concern with him is LOC and what happens if he faces adversity again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 1:56 PM, cjfollett said:

What jebrick said to a point, but there were coaching changes involved as well, plus he got a DWI after an atrocious game. Basically, he was benched and transferred out. So, my concern with him is LOC and what happens if he faces adversity again.

The  LOC in the Southland conference isn't too far behind Mountain West. It's probably tougher than the Missouri Valley (Wentz/Lance) and not as good as Big Sky (Cooper Kupp).