MCU TA - Round 1 - Shang-Chi (17) vs Sam Wilson / Falcon / Captain America (48)

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 1  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 17th seed vs 48th seed

• Shang-Chi (17)
    • Sam Wilson / Falcon / Captain America (48)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2021 at 08:00 PM

46 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

So if Shang Chi gets to use the rings then Thanos gets to use the Infinity Stones, right?  And this is already over lol.

dust-spiderman.gif

given that the stones are a physical manifestation of the entire universe and other's besides Thanos has wielded them I think we can rule them out of consideration. 

hmm.

SHANG-CHI Spoiler's are needed for this, be aware:

Given the final battle of Shang-chi, he definitely has the ability to get to Sam and protect himself.

I think the one thing here is the Rings grant immortality and seemingly upped Shang-Chi's pain tolerance as many things would've killed a normal human.

If he's Immortal and can't take damage, game over.
If it's just he ceases aging then it's way more of a fight.
I'll lean towards the latter because it makes more sense with the actions of the film.

I think Sam's benefit is Redwing(s), and range. 
He feasibly could kill Shang-chi without getting close or him knowing what is coming.
The rings have a limit to their range when used and Sam can stay far away.

Cap Sam easily could get SC into an aerial fight.
From there he's exposed. We saw in the movie to fly you use two ring blasts down, which exposed his back.
Sam's best shot is a quick kill. THough given SC's fighting ability I'd imagine some of his first moves are to tilt the battlefield in his favor and remove Sam's range and ability to really fly around...so depends on the battlefield there.

Big assumption.... Sam's Vibranium wings and Shield can't be easily shattered by the rings.
Vibranium has been impervious to most other forces aside infinity stone blasts and whatever Thanos' sword is made of...which most likely from the same place Stormbreaker was forged. So unless they were too or they are a higher class thing, wouldn't be able to outright shatter them. Sam would have to deal with the impact but not the outright damage. SC also has his dragonscale suit to absorb damage.

Shang has the ability to hold out via forcefield for a long time and I think given time would eventually be able to get one good shot off.

Longer it goes the more probability SC has destroyed Redwing(s). Once that happens it becomes way harder for Sam.
He'd have to get close and parry off the rings. His best bet then would be boss fighting SC. Fly full speed and parry the rings and go for slicing off parts of SC with the vibranium wings. A well placed one of those and it's over. SC's prowess at actual fighting trumps Sam's military and backyard training though...so a risky move.

I think it'd be a tough battle. But Shang-chi probably would win do to his outright combat knowledge and ability + the forcefield the rings grant him.
Sam is a man controlling a suit, he gets some intel but doesn't have an AI like Tony did monitoring everything.
All Shang-Chi would need is one ring "boomeranging" back hit to hit Sam in the head to give him a concussive blow to the head that either kills him outright or incapacitates him.

I went back and forth a lot, I think if you did Deadliest Warrior level projections, Shang-chi would win the most. But just one fight it's a toss up.