Breaking News!! Jaylon Smith Released

textaz03

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Sure. But they all required effort and conversation. And none in season. 

This is a big power move by the coaches. When is the last time you see us taking a loss on a player mid season?

Lets see if its "taking a loss". This might be a gambit - if no one else signs him, we might get him back for much less $$$. 

11 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I asked earlier about the cap. I’m wondering if this move allows us to keep one of Gregory or Gallup

https://overthecap.com/player/jaylon-smith/4747/

Based on this it frees up about $38m between 2022-2025, plus assuming offset language, we will gain some cap space back this year. Not much, but maybe half a mil. 

It should be enough for 1 mid tier FA, which Gallup and Gregory are. 

Edited by Matts4313

29 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Who is coming back from IR? Someone has to be right?

I believe Neal comes back this week. 

I have to say, I'm shocked to see this. I did not expect them to release Jaylon, certainly not this far into the season. It's also surprising because of him not being a complete liability every week. 

But I'm happy. Hopefully this shows that just because you have a big contract you can still lose your job and spot on the team if you aren't living up to that salary. Jaylon always seemed like a good dude, and I was so thrilled when he had his big year in 2018 - it's a shame that injury most likely robbed him of ever living up to the player he could have been.