Around the League Week 5

textaz03

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

what I never understood is why can't other coaches, "remind" "convince" MM and others, of the obvious. 

Every team should honestly have a QA kid on payroll for 40k that's sole job is to point out analytics and clock management. 

Im pretty sure they do. The issue is their perspective of whats transpires is often different than what the announcers say. 

And fans have no independent thought, so they will just repeat what ever criticisms that Joe Buck says.

56 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im pretty sure they do. The issue is their perspective of whats transpires is often different than what the announcers say. 

And fans have no independent thought, so they will just repeat what ever criticisms that Joe Buck says.

Every team does this? I’d be shocked but impressed. 

35 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Every team does this? I’d be shocked but impressed. 

Have conversations about time strategy as well as people that assist the HC?

Same as with challenges.

Very rarely are any of the decisions made in a vacuum by one guy alone, which is why mocking head coaches is a little silly to me. Typically every choice that's made has been discussed ad nauseam beforehand, as well as live time discussions

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Very rarely are any of the decisions made in a vacuum by one guy alone, which is why mocking head coaches is a little silly to me. Typically every choice that's made has been discussed ad nauseam beforehand, as well as live time discussions

But they still have clock management issues. There is a lack of prep/coordination or poor decision making in the moment. Either way, MM deserves legitimate criticism for the way it gets handled, and this has been a problem for him his entire career.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

31 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

But they still have clock management issues. There is a lack of prep/coordination or poor decision making in the moment. Either way, MM deserves legitimate criticism for the way it gets handled, and this has been a problem for him his entire career.

According to that other post that I made, McCarthy is like the 5th best in the entire nfl. So there really isn't an issue, it's just fans are backwards in their thinking.

At least that's the argument that can be made. I know it's not one that will be when, because there are too many emotions and everyone thinks they are smarter.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

According to that other post that I made, McCarthy is like the 5th best in the entire nfl. So there really isn't an issue, it's just fans are backwards in their thinking.

At least that's the argument that can be made. I know it's not one that will be when, because there are too many emotions and everyone thinks they are smarter.

Are you referring to the chart you posted about teams going for it on 4th down when they should?

I’ve not seen you post anything related to clock management. If you could re-post, that would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont take responsibility for When Vs Won typo; I blame googles voice to text. 

As for you other question NYFTB - I was lumping all of those together under the umbrella of "game management", which was an error on my part. 

I’m on your side that overall, MM is doing a good job managing the game, making good, sound, aggressive decisions.

But just because that is true, doesn’t mean he handles clock management situations well. He really hasn’t, and I don’t think it’s just an “uneducated fan” thing to worry about. 

From Reddit:

Pass Rush Win Rate By Team

• Carolina Panthers 11.1% (1)
  • Cleveland Browns 9.8% (2)
  • Chicago Bears 9.7% (3)
  • Minnesota Vikings 8.8% (4)
  • New York Jets 8.4% (5)
  • Buffalo Bills 8.3% (6)
  • Detroit Lions 7.6% (7)
  • New England Patriots 7.1% (8)
  • Denver Broncos 6.9% (9)
  • Los Angeles Rams 6.4% (10)
  • Indianapolis Colts 6.3% (11)
  • Cincinnati Bengals 6.3% (12)
  • Arizona Cardinals 6.3% (13)
  • Los Angeles Chargers 6.2% (14)
  • Baltimore Ravens 6.0% (15)
  • San Francisco 49ers 5.8% (16)
  • Philadelphia Eagles 5.8% (17)
  • Tennessee Titans 5.5% (18)
  • Pittsburgh Steelers 5.2% (19)
  • Seattle Seahawks 5.1% (20)
  • Las Vegas Raiders 5.1% (21)
  • Dallas Cowboys 4.8% (22)
  • Green Bay Packers 4.7% (23)
  • Houston Texans 4.6% (24)
  • Kansas City Chiefs 4.5% (25)
  • Miami Dolphins 4.5% (26)
  • Atlanta Falcons 4.4% (27)
  • Washington Football Team 4.0% (28)
  • New York Giants 3.9% (29)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3.6% (30)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars 3.4% (31)
  • New Orleans Saints 3.4% (32)

Top 10 Pass Rushers by Pressure %, Pressures, Sacks

• Matt Judon 22.1%, 17, 4.5
  • Harold Landry 21.6%, 24, 2.5
  • Myles Garrett 20.9%, 24, 6
  • Joey Bosa 19.3%, 21, 2.5
  • Micah Parsons 18.6%, 16, 2.5
  • Jadeveon Clowney 18.5%, 20, 2
  • Maxx Crosby 17.3%, 26, 2
  • Romeo Okwara 17.2%, 15, 1
  • Danielle Hunter 16.4%, 22, 5
  • John Franklin-Myers 16.3%, 17, 3

Other Notables

• Panthers have an underrated duo in Riddick and Burns coming in at 12 and 18 respectively.

• Micah Parsons is from another planet, but Gregory Rousseau is quietly playing great year for a rookie and comes in at #29.

• JJ Watt is actually having a better year than his brother TJ and Chandler Jones, coming in at 21 compared to TJ at 31 and Jones at 40.

• Despite being a Bear of man at 340 pounds, and notorious run stuffer, Michael Pierce has actually put together a respectable pass rush win rate coming in at 43.