Around the League Week 5

textaz03

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

My first thought was HELL NO!!!!. But then the reality set in that the odds of the Eagles still losing more games than us (and TB) are pretty high. 

So I won't root for an Eagles win, but I will root for a TB loss. That'll work right, there's a difference????

We currently have the tie breaker over philly, but not over tampa. Tampa will be in contention for the #1 seed. You have to imagine (hope) the Cards/Rams/9ers/Hawks will all beat each other up enough that it comes down to us, Tampa and GB. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We currently have the tie breaker over philly, but not over tampa. Tampa will be in contention for the #1 seed. You have to imagine (hope) the Cards/Rams/9ers/Hawks will all beat each other up enough that it comes down to us, Tampa and GB. 

Yea, I get why we want Philly to win. Throwing out a bit of sarcam at the end of previous post.

But I agree, the NFC West will just end up beating each other to a pulp after 17 games. Just as the East did in the mid 90's.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Hurts and his coach both suck.

They were terrible last night. We have to hope Hurts turns it around and shows a little false promise down the stretch. Enough that the front office and coaching staff still believe he can be a franchise QB, so they don’t use the 2/3 first rounders this year on a real QB. Draft 2-3 role players only to have Hurts fail them the next few years.

Hurts is reminding me of the stereo typical running QB. They all have the same flaw, all the way down to the Pee Wee level. The roll to a side to quickly, cut off ~50% of the field/wr targets and then never develop the ability to fully read a field. 

There is a reason that ish works when your 15 but not when you are 25, unless you are Lamar Jackson, apparently.