Week 5 Games

Leader

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

People believe me yet on that Mahomes contract?

Can’t sign them free agents who want multiple years when multiple years from free agency you’re paying your QB massive amounts of money. Can’t replace them in the draft when you’re drafting 31st overall in the first and close to in subsequent rounds.

Quickest way to see a “dynasty” fall apart is to see them sign their QB to market value. 

Nothing new here.  It's painfully obvious that this indeed is a big part of top teams going downhill with qb's that sign huge contracts.  It's the way of life in the NFL and will not change.  Those teams, Packers included need to have all their players stay healthy, catch some breaks and stay relevant during the season to get to the playoffs and let the chips fall as they may once they get there.

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

ROFLMAO! Talk about waxes poetic. 🤣 This is why they always tell you to NEVER leave the other team bulletin board material before the game.

And the sad part is: the Chiefs deleted that Tweet after getting absolutely humiliated and having egg in their face, but the Bills' Twitter had it screencapped, so it didn't matter.

Chiefs are beta

Imagine what the Chiefs would be right now if they had traded Mahomes.

Think of the draft capital.

Think of a rookie top 3 QB starting his NFL career with Hill and Kelce.

They’d have had the next Mahomes after trading Mahomes.

The only shocking part in this is that Mahomes hasn’t continued to excel as the pieces around him fell.

I just… It boils down to monetary greed. Teams don’t want to win Super Bowls. They want money.

There is no rational explanation for GMs across the league to not see the value in trading this QB unless they are motivated by money.

TRADE YOUR FRANCHISE QB IF YOU WANT TO WIN RINGS (if you don’t have Tom Brady).

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

People believe me yet on that Mahomes contract?

Can’t sign them free agents who want multiple years when multiple years from free agency you’re paying your QB massive amounts of money. Can’t replace them in the draft when you’re drafting 31st overall in the first and close to in subsequent rounds.

Quickest way to see a “dynasty” fall apart is to see them sign their QB to market value. 

Wrong.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Wrong.

Show me a team that signed their franchise QB to market value that didn’t fall apart.

Peyton Manning is likely the best QB of his era and he won a single Super Bowl with the Colts.

Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB of all time and he has appeared in a single Super Bowl.

Russel Wilson hasn’t been back.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Show me a team that signed their franchise QB to market value that didn’t fall apart.

Peyton Manning is likely the best QB of his era and he won a single Super Bowl with the Colts.

Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB of all time and he has appeared in a single Super Bowl.

To be fair on that one... Pete and that personnel department are just awful at evaluating talent and roster building.

Like they ignored the oline... for a team that wanted to be run heavy.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Roethlisberger? made the super bowl 3 years into his first market rate deal, and won the super bowl in the first year of that deal.  Same timeline as mahomes this year was 2008, and 2010 was 2 years later.

I think matt ryan is the best example that you can pay your QB market rate and be competitive.  

All it took was a good OC and mediocre HC to propel the 1 and done playoff falcons to the SB in the 3rd year of "pretty good" Matt Ryan's record setting year.

While I agree that there has tended to be a lull period right after that first big deal of most superstar QBs, you can always point to a few other REALLY bad contracts on the offensive side because the team building philosophy has been "let's keep the same aging skill players so that our offense can be "set" and you just end up overpaying aging skill guys in the name of continuity while the defense and/or OL deteriorates.  

Teams who think the "window is open" make a lot of bad decisions to keep older players, and it's not just the QB.  the QB is just the only one you're paying attention to.

26 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Roethlisberger? made the super bowl 3 years into his first market rate deal, and won the super bowl in the first year of that deal.  Same timeline as mahomes this year was 2008, and 2010 was 2 years later.

Hmm. Could be a good point. What was the cap hit?

Still, that team was built around defense and defense is part of Pittsburgh’s culture.

You can pay your QB whatever you want if you’ve got defense.

As far as the Falcons…

I am sorry, but that’s an LOL from me, Dawg.

They aren’t competitive.

At least not in the postseason.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

To be fair on that one... Pete and that personnel department are just awful at evaluating talent and roster building.

Like they ignored the oline... for a team that wanted to be run heavy.

Are they? Because they seemed pretty good at it when won a super bowl and went to another. 

They paid their star players and there wasn't enough money to sign quality offensive linemen. 

They paid: Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Wright, Wagner, Baldwin and the DE who had to retire early due to a neck injury. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong again. You are forgetting the black swans. And Mahomes was signed below market value.