Our Nightmare is Over: Fields is the guy

beardown3231

42 minutes ago, RTD said:

First off I don't believe this was Nagy's decision. This had to come from George or PACE. I know many here want Pace's head on a spike but the McCaskeys love Pace. And imo Pace is not going anywhere. I believe we saw the first step to the removal of Nagy at the end of the year.

Pace has been all in on sit behind a veteran for a year plan.   He did it with Glennon too and was super excited about sitting Trubisky for a year before Nagy even got here.

I do agree 100% that McCaskeys love Pace and want him to stay long term.

I think someone with some say so watched national media all week and read the tea leaves on fans mood.  Not sure who it was.  Bears media team sure was super excited to make the announcement on Twitter.  

• Like 2

This had to have come down from the brass, right? No way Nagy made this decision, imo. Part of me hopes that it was the defensive players like Mack or Hicks that pressed him to make the change. If he owes anyone on that team a solid, its the defense that has basically kept him employed. 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. My pitch fork is all sharpened  and sitting right next to me ready to join you stomimg the castle if Nagy screws this up but let's roast him for what he does and what he actually says not our assumptions and attitudes we project on him.  First Nagy has never said Dalton was going to start the whole year. He has actually been very careful to say Fields will start when he shows he gives us a better  chance to win then Dalton does. I get it. It seemed hard for Fields to do that when he was running the scout team and only getting a few snaps each game but the great football gods gave us a, happily minor, injury to Dalton to make that happen.  Second Nagy doesn't take his morning dump without looking at the tape first.  Suppose it may be possible Nagy watched the tape on Monday and after 'collaboration' decided it was Feild's time.

You can go ahead and hope Nagy fails if you want but I am going to hope he finds actually being a real head coach can be a rewarding job too.  Maybe one he is actually good at.  Please note I said hope not believe.  I'll need to see it happen first.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Don't get me wrong. My pitch fork is all sharpened  and sitting right next to me ready to join you stomimg the castle if Nagy screws this up but let's roast him for what he does and what he actually says not our assumptions and attitudes we project on him.  First Nagy has never said Dalton was going to start the whole year. He has actually been very careful to say Fields will start when he shows he gives us a better  chance to win then Dalton does. I get it. It seemed hard for Fields to do that when he was running the scout team and only getting a few snaps each game but the great football gods gave us a, happily minor, injury to Dalton to make that happen.  Second Nagy doesn't take his morning dump without looking at the tape first.  Suppose it may be possible Nagy watched the tape on Monday and after 'collaboration' decided it was Feild's time.

You can go ahead and hope Nagy fails if you want but I am going to hope he finds actually being a real head coach can be a rewarding job too.  Maybe one he is actually good at.  Please note I said hope not believe.  I'll need to see it happen first.

No, that's impossible, as he stated Dalton was still the starter (on Sunday, after presumably watching the game from his spot on the sidelines) , then mysteriously changed his mind today. 

This decision came down from above, and I'd love to know just who actually told Nagy to cut the bull****...but we likely never will. 

At this point, I don't even know if it's the right decision, or not, with Fields so far behind in meaningful practice time. But it was pretty clear on Sunday that he's already a better QB than Dalton. And I won't even bother to elaborate on that statement. 

And, hey, big picture, I hope Nagy succeeds. It would be great if I could ***** about him for years to come...as that would mean the Bears are winning. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RTD said:

First off I don't believe this was Nagy's decision. This had to come from George or PACE. I know many here want Pace's head on a spike but the McCaskeys love Pace. And imo Pace is not going anywhere. I believe we saw the first step to the removal of Nagy at the end of the year.

Earlier today I read a whole bunch of Tweets from those who believe much the same including one with a vision of 98 year old Ginny showing up in Nagy's office with a baseball bat and a less than persuasive attitude......LOL.

Not sure how Nagy believed he was ever gonna be able to go back to starting Dalton once Fields got his shot.  Sunday's game was about seeing some exciting offense for a change.  That's what fans have been waiting for.

I take this as yet another sign that Nagy has about worn out his welcome here.

• Like 1

If I had to make a wild *** guess it would be that after Nagy once again emphasized that Dalton would start again once he was 100% a call came down the hall from Pace saying, "Um Matt.  WE talked it over and WE feel it's time for Fields to start".  "Announce that today will ya."

No one believes Nagy simply flip flopped on that in just on day so Matt gets embarrassed again this week.

It was either orders from above or his entire team and coaching staff threatened a mutiny and that I can't buy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It was orders from above. I'd like to know from who. 

We probably never will, though...

Could have been decided jointly because Pace tends to bounce things off GMcC at the very least but I'm thinking it was Pace who delivered the message.  That would only make sense.  But does it really matter?  Fields gets his shot and Dalton is now and ideal #2 should we have to fall back on him.

To be honest I'm even more enthused by the possibility that Nagy has given up calling plays for good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bfan said:

This!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bfan said:

Second Nagy doesn't take his morning dump without looking at the tape first.  Suppose it may be possible Nagy watched the tape on Monday and after 'collaboration' decided it was Feild's time.

That might be slightly easier to accept had he not been quite so forthright about insisting Dalton would start again when 100% healed.

That set off a firestorm of national controversy that brought into question not only his decision making but also the decision making of those above him.  We've all been in work situations like this before.  If the managers and rank and file can fix the issue it passes without a comment from above.

But once the boss has to come into the picture to fix it some heads are gonna roll or at the very least some positions of authority or their levels of authority are often adjusted.  I would very honestly bet this was not Matt Nagy's decision alone.  Others were also involved.

Nagy's more typical manner is to over explain his decisions.  He's also more typically somewhat defensive about them.  This time he just kind of announced it without going into massive detail about why he now felt this was the right decision.  I'm not certain he believes that it is.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

Not so sure this was mandated. I think Nagy believes in getting any little performance advantage he can no matter how stupid it looks (still better than the John Fox gibberish) and also wants an out if fields struggles so he can bench him without it being a benching. I think it all just got too obvious and was more of a distraction and joke than any kind of advantage. Probably always was, but Nagy has a hard time letting go of a plan or tactic when he likes it, no matter how bad it's looking on the ground.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Not so sure this was mandated. I think Nagy believes in getting any little performance advantage he can no matter how stupid it looks (still better than the John Fox gibberish) and also wants an out if fields struggles so he can bench him without it being a benching. I think it all just got too obvious and was more of a distraction and joke than any kind of advantage. Probably always was, but Nagy has a hard time letting go of a plan or tactic when he likes it, no matter how bad it's looking on the ground.

Unless it's an injury, Fields will not be benched this year

Hey guys if you want to believe it was mandated from above that Fields starts, that everything that goes wrong with the offense is Nagy's fault, and everything that goes right is because of Lazor that is your choice. I just don't have enough stomach lineing left for that level of acid production so I'll just watch the game and see what happens.

Edited by Bfan