2021 Week Five GDT Steelers vs. Broncos

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Sounds like Juju to the IR. 

Yup sounds like he’s out for the season, not ideal. Also very likely his last game in black and gold.

His pure receiving production won’t be hard to replace but his value as a premier run blocker, chain mover, and tone setter will.

With that being said, I’m excited for the increased opportunities for Claypool and even JW. 

I am very curious to see what they do about this O-Line now moving forward. I wonder if they will give Banner one more week to heal, followed by the Bye...but that will also give them time to see the tackles one more time. 

Does Banner get the RT spot he won back from Chuks, who has honestly played fairly well now. 

Does Chuks move back to LT and let Moore sit?

Is Chuks the swing tackle, since he has experience at both?

Does Banner just become the backup?

It should be interesting. I know the default setting will be hating Chuks for many, but he really has not been bad -- and probably been one of our better OL this year to date. That's not to be confused with being really good, but he and Moore are, at worst, even. 

Another note on the OL, I thought Dotson looked noticeably better, especially when on the move. Looked like he was playing with more power and aggression. I said he looked god awful early on, but did think it might have been health related. Here's to hoping he is just rounding into shape/getting healthy. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Does Chuks move back to LT and let Moore sit?

I think this is the correct answer fwiw.

This was their original plan and while Moore has played ok, he hasn’t played well enough change what they originally planned IMO. I’m excited to see what Chuks can do on the left side, just needs to cut down on penalties.

No chance Banner isn’t a starter if he’s healthy.

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think this is the correct answer fwiw.

This was their original plan and while Moore has played ok, he hasn’t played well enough change what they originally planned IMO. I’m excited to see what Chuks can do on the left side, just needs to cut down on penalties.

No chance Banner isn’t a starter if he’s healthy.

This is what I think would be the best option to start as well. I think there's a lot of value in sitting when you have things to work on. Even if Moore ends up the starter at the end of the year, a couple weeks could go a long way in his development. 

I don't really think Moore or Chuks have either played well enough to demand their playing time or bad enough to deserve to be benched. But if that's the case, gimme experience over the 4th round rookie and let him sit and concentrate on small detail skills. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Looks like we are bringing in former Bears and Texans WR Anthony Miller. He’s super talented but has never had a good QB and also I think he has clashed with coaches/teammates up to this point but you’d have to fact check me on that. 

What’s Martavis Bryant up to?

YES. I was a big Anthony Miller fan. I’m pumped! 

Tell me you don't know anything about analytics without telling me you know nothing about analytics. 

The uptick in teams going for it on 4th down has nothing to do with the athleticism of the quarterback. It's about understanding that the risk/reward of maintaining the football is vastly more beneficial than "field position". 

The best case of punting on 4th and 1 is that you pin the team deep, get a 3 and out, and get the football back after at the same location or worse than you were previously with time taken off the clock. We saw that in the Raiders game. We punted, took 2 minutes off the clock, and got the ball back further back than we had it originally. It's not as beneficial as maintaining the football and saving that 2 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Tell me you don't know anything about analytics without telling me you know nothing about analytics. 

The uptick in teams going for it on 4th down has nothing to do with the athleticism of the quarterback. It's about understanding that the risk/reward of maintaining the football is vastly more beneficial than "field position". 

The best case of punting on 4th and 1 is that you pin the team deep, get a 3 and out, and get the football back after at the same location or worse than you were previously with time taken off the clock. We saw that in the Raiders game. We punted, took 2 minutes off the clock, and got the ball back further back than we had it originally. It's not as beneficial as maintaining the football and saving that 2 minutes. 

I get what he’s trying to say there though. With a mobile QB (or at least one who sneaks) you create a true 11-on-11 situation. Without that you are effectively playing 10-on-11.