Packers finalizing details for LB Jaylon Smith signing

RaidersAreOne

On 10/17/2021 at 8:10 PM, Refugee said:

Jaylon debuted for us today. Did not show much to my eyes outside of decent motor. Never got through  in pass rush and was seen doing what some DAL fans were critical of him doing, jumping into a pile long after tackle was made.

He’s got time to show up and learn his spot on defense.  I hope he picks it up and we can turn him loose in the second half. I believe he could turn it on once he understands the D and his role in it. 

I dig your optimism about him.  But he was flat out bad in the game.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I dig your optimism about him.  But he was flat out bad in the game.  

We are in agreement on that, which is in line with what I posted. With barely a full week in the building, looking out of place is not surprising. He does seem to have an extra gear for a man of his size. Hope we can plug him into situations where he can put it to use. Still a good flier even if he just becomes a depth piece. Hope he is more than that. 

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

We are in agreement on that, which is in line with what I posted. With barely a full week in the building, looking out of place is not surprising. He does seem to have an extra gear for a man of his size. Hope we can plug him into situations where he can put it to use. Still a good flier even if he just becomes a depth piece. Hope he is more than that. 

I agree.  I hope he becomes useful.

Because he was useless as a Cowboy, and that didn't change last week.

I felt like putting him in there for Barnes was a drop off in play.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 2:05 PM, skibrett15 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he was released in favor of another street FA during the bye

The future is here.

I feel bad for Jaylon but I am not surprised. He just never fully recovered from his injury. He has a spark that pro bowl yet but that was clearly the height of where he was going. The drop foot returned and he has been downhill from there. I wish him well. I really do. Great human being but a football career is over for him.