Packers finalizing details for LB Jaylon Smith signing

RaidersAreOne

lololololo

they make a signing, and it sucks...

They trade for Cobb... He's washed...

I remember a down narrative on the Smith brothers too...

I just don't know what some of you want? Like I GET IT... Gilmore would've been amazing, and in hindsight this isn't "amazing" but we don't even know his role yet. Like with Cobb we aren't paying a lot of money for him. It's depth, a good character guy, and we still got some cash and draft capital to do more. It's not like he's supposed to be the "answer". He's another piece... I don't know if you guys have paid attention to teams winning championships lately. Yeah, they have world class studs, but they also have a lot of moving pieces. We just added another low risk, low cost piece. Props to Gute. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Not expecting much from him.  I think he'll be like that Kirksey kid from last year.  Make a play here and there.

Are you a Packer fan? Curious because from what I can gather everything they do you put a negative slant on it. 

• Like 1

I think it can turn out well if they make it simple for Jaylon. If they just make him a one read and shoot type. He has the physical tools.

The problem is telling him to read and react. Because he can’t see it well enough to use his physical tools. So if this staff makes it very very simple for him... it could be a great hit. More so with a Z out and like out until late in the year if not completely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Is he washed?  The Cowboys have spent an astonishing amount of draft capital on the ILB position, so it might have just been a numbers thing in addition to the issue with injuries and the way his contract is structured. 

He's not washed, but he's not the guy he was before he blew out his knee at Notre Dame.

I'm very happy over this. I am still a bit mystified as to why we cut Kamal Martin nand kept Summers or Burks both of whom I felt he was clearly better than. Campbell has been an absolute beast and Barnes continues to develop nicely, but behind the we've basically got nothing.

Worst case scenario, Smith also amounts to nothing and is gone by the end of the year at a cost of effectively nothing, which is almost guaranteed to be what happens with Summers and Burks at the end of this season anyway. 

That worst scenario is about where we were without ever signing him, so anything above nothing from him is a bonus. If we get quite a bit more than that, he might even be able to make it as a situational player. He'll be gone shortly after the season ends, either way. 

As mid-season acquisitions go, no clue how much Jaylon Smith will contribute, but 7 years ago you always knew signing UDFA Joe Blo from Vermont AT&T mid-season would contribute zero, so not sure what the complaining is about.

Edited by cannondale

9 hours ago, Toddfather said:

lololololo

they make a signing, and it sucks...

They trade for Cobb... He's washed...

I remember a down narrative on the Smith brothers too...

I just don't know what some of you want? Like I GET IT... Gilmore would've been amazing, and in hindsight this isn't "amazing" but we don't even know his role yet. Like with Cobb we aren't paying a lot of money for him. It's depth, a good character guy, and we still got some cash and draft capital to do more. It's not like he's supposed to be the "answer". He's another piece... I don't know if you guys have paid attention to teams winning championships lately. Yeah, they have world class studs, but they also have a lot of moving pieces. We just added another low risk, low cost piece. Props to Gute. 

Post of the week ... spot on ... well done!!