TNF: Rams @ Seahawks

NYRaider

Winner?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Rams
    • Seahawks

Just now, Forge said:

Don't mind Jones. I think he's solid. But I'm not trusting anyone in that Pitt offense not named Harris lol

Eh.  I've got a couple shares of Johnson in PPR-formatted DFS this weekend, but that's largely because Ben's are is dead, so he literally just checks down to Harris or throws the underneath route to Deonte.

• Like 1

The Seahawks have so much magical bull**** happening with Wilson over the years that it took:

-Missed XP

-Double punt

-Two kickoffs out of bounds

-Two finger injuries

-Geno Smith throwing a TD

-Jalen Ramsey covering COLBY PARKINSON instead of, you know, one of the two all pro WRs

All that weirdness just to FINALLY lose a Thursday game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

The talents on the defensive side of the ball are going to have to outplay Morris' scheming, because as vanilla as Jason Garrett's offensive scheme is, I can sadly see it having a heyday scheme-wise against Morris.

You might be right. I also think people still look at this Rams defense as if it was last years defense. Its not. Last years defense was special. The Rams still have a really good defense and I even said coming into the season that it will be a top 10-12 defense. It will have its ups and downs but as long as we have a healthy Ramsey and Donald we should be good enough. 

A few thoughts from tonight's game:

1.  Pete Carroll's game management was as predicted, and honestly, it was a massive difference this game.   His predictability in run on that 3rd/4th down sequence in the 1Q, not trying to go for the TD with that 1-min left drive (both the run call, and then the short pass with 10 secs left instead of an EZ ball to DK or Lockett) - were game turners.   It's why I bet on LAR live just before halftime (after taking them pregame).   Yes, Wilson's injury hurt - but Carroll's game management created the situation where once again, SEA had no TOP in the 1H - 11 minutes.   And by the 2H, LAR's O took full advantage.  In the end, given how Smith still moved the ball, the key point wasn't Wilson's injury, but Carroll's inept game management (again, a common theme the past 2 years - just Wilson kept them winning, but losing the spread as favorites <LOL> a lot).

2.  Stafford played AWFUL for the 1H - he missed at least 4 open throws than any league average completes at least 75 percent of the time.    And yes, the finger got tweaked, but it wasn't a problem in the 2H.   Still, they won, but I think he'd say that was a subpar game by far.

3.  McVay's game management TBH wasn't a whole lot better than Carroll's.   He played it incredibly predictable early on, and didn't want to exploit SEA's pass game until they got behind.  Yes, establish the run, but also, attack SEA in intermediate-deep area, not those bubble screens he was trying in the 1H.  At least he made the 2H adjustment, but man, that was painful.

4.  I don't know how you grade ST's for both teams - because OMG the punters were out of this world - but the K's were horrific.   Frankly, by the 4Q I was ready to have Dixon & Hekker try the FG/XP/KO's - they really were awesome, but OMG Gay & Myers were awwwwful.

5.  Robert Woods, welcome back from the dead.  

6.  Glad to see Darrell Henderson is OK.    His improvement in vision is impressive.   That's going to be a problem for D's, along with the pass game when Stafford is playing at normal levels.

7.  LA's pass coverage D needs work.   They're nowhere near as good as last year (duh), but even with the departures, their scheme/coaching/preparation are nowhere where they need to be.   DC Raheem Morris should absolutely be on the hot seat.  It's not just personnel change, this pass D is nowhere near where it should be with the pass rush and talent that's still left behind.

8.  Jamal Adams is a total liability in coverage.    That failed coverage vs. D-Jax was the key moment in the game.    He's an in the box SS - and he can only help pass coverage when he's blitzing.    For his $$, that's a colossal misuse of funds.    

Finally, Russ Wilson - it's almost certainly a mallet finger injury - he couldn't straighten it, the tendon is torn.  Doesn't need surgery, but it's 6 weeks to mend fully.  Sucks for him - but to add salt to the wound - to watch Carroll finally open it up in the 4Q and watch Geno Smith thrive, has to drive Wilson nuts.  I do not think Wilson will be in SEA next year.  Just my gut feeling, but I don't see Carroll meshing with Wilson in what is likely a lost season for the 'Hawks.

LAR could not afford to lose a 2nd in-division game, and any road win at SEA should be treasured.  They do have stuff to work on, but a W is a W.   In SEA, this IMO is the beginning of the end for Pete Carroll & Russell Wilson era in Seattle.  Pour one out.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

A few thoughts from tonight's game:

1.  Pete Carroll's game management was as predicted, and honestly, it was a massive difference this game.   His predictability in run on that 3rd/4th down sequence in the 1Q, not trying to go for the TD with that 1-min left drive (both the run call, and then the short pass with 10 secs left instead of an EZ ball to DK or Lockett) - were game turners.   Yes, Wilson's injury hurt - but it created the situation where once again, SEA had no TOP in the 1H - 11 minutes.   And by the 2H, LAR's O took full advantage.

2.  Stafford played AWFUL for the 1H - he missed at least 4 open throws than any league average completes at least 75 percent of the time.    And yes, the finger got tweaked, but it wasn't a problem in the 2H.   Still, they won, but I think he'd say that was a subpar game by far.

3.  McVay's game management TBH wasn't a whole lot better than Carroll's.   He played it incredibly predictable early on, and didn't want to exploit SEA's pass game until they got behind.  Yes, establish the run, but also, attack SEA in intermediate-deep area, not those bubble screens he was trying in the 1H.  At least he made the 2H adjustment, but man, that was painful.

4.  I don't know how you grade ST's for both teams - because OMG the punters were out of this world - but the K's were horrific.   Frankly, by the 4Q I was ready to have Dixon & Hekker really were awesome.  

5.  Robert Woods, welcome back from the dead.  

6.  Glad to see Darrell Henderson is OK.    His improvement in vision is impressive.   That's going to be a problem for D's, along with the pass game when Stafford is playing at normal levels.

7.  LA's pass coverage D needs work.   They're nowhere near as good as last year (duh), but even with the departures, their scheme/coaching/preparation are nowhere where they need to be.   DC Raheem Morris should absolutely be on the hot seat.  It's not just personnel change, this pass D is nowhere near where it should be with the pass rush and talent that's still left behind.

8.  Jamal Adams is a total liability in coverage.    That failed coverage vs. D-Jax was the key moment in the game.    He's an in the box SS - and he can only help pass coverage when he's blitzing.    For his $$, that's a colossal misuse of funds.    

Finally, Russ Wilson - it's almost certainly a mallet finger injury - he couldn't straighten it, the tendon is torn.  Doesn't need surgery, but it's 6 weeks to mend fully.  Sucks for him - but to add salt to the wound - to watch Carroll finally open it up in the 4Q and watch Geno Smith thrive, has to drive Wilson nuts.  I do not think Wilson will be in SEA next year.  Just my gut feeling, but I don't see Carroll meshing with Wilson in what is likely a lost season for the 'Hawks.

LAR could not afford to lose a 2nd in-division game, and any road win at SEA should be treasured.  They do have stuff to work on, but a W is a W.   In SEA, this IMO is the beginning of the end for Pete Carroll & Russell Wilson era in Seattle.  Pour one out.

You are spot on with everything you said. 

• Like 1

Seahawks fans have told me the last 6 years Russ is a top 5 QB, many have argued him being the best and mvp in several seasons. Pete caroll is a top 5 HC, and John Schneider is a top 5 GM. So since 2015 you have had a top 5 QB, HC, and GM and you haven’t been out the divisional round once. It’s looking like that’s gonna be the case again.

The only thing I can take from this is someone in this group is overrated. The question who

Top teams flourish on the road after a defeat. That's the only variable that mattered in this game. I have no idea why anyone bothers to analyze personnel or schemes. The Seahawks may have great Thursday history bu they needed the Rams to defeat the Cardinals last Sunday. Once that game went the other way it meant this game was very likely a defeat. Bills at Dolphins after losing to Pittsburgh. Chiefs at Eagles last week after losing two games. One example after another. Heck, basically the entirety of Brady's career. New England always thrived on the road after a defeat. 

Nothing works every time in the NFL but that system almost feels like every time. You buy so much energy and so many huge wins like Bills at Dolphins. Then it's hilarious when the subjective types desperately scramble for outlier exceptions when the angle didn't work, instead of accepting that it does work and it does explain performance level far beyond any nonsensical All-22 analysis. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's got 29 points in my big money league if it makes you feel better in a universal balance way. 

Of course, the guy sat him, but that's a different convo 

I did as well in my PPR league.  Played him every week before this.  I'm sick to my stomach.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Rams two road games ended the same way. Close game at the end, back up QB in position on the final drive to possibly win and the Rams defense takes the ball away to seal the victory. Ill take that every road game this season lol.

Seriously though the Rams played their B game tonight. I hated their first half but their second half they got things going especially on offense. Its tough to go on the road to win games but especially to Seattle on a short week. So Ill take the win and the schedule gets easier for the Rams the next 3 weeks. The Giants can be tricky and the Rams travel to New York but the Rams have 10 days to rest and prepare so that should help. After that its the Lions and Texans. I fully expect the Rams to be (7-2) by the time we face the Titans. Thats another tricky game bc I dont know which Titans team will show up. The good news its in LA so they have to make the travel so I feel good about that game. I can see the Rams being (8-2) before they go to San Fran to face the Niners which will be a battle. So again I feel really good getting this win bc in this division its extremely important to get wins but especially on the road.

Who is going to be our second loss? We're 4-1 right now. Our upcoming schedule:

NYG - W (5-1)

DET - W (6-1)

HOU - W (7-1)

TEN - W? (8-1)

@SF

(Obviously, anything can happen, but I'm trying to figure out what loss you're predicting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Who is going to be our second loss? We're 4-1 right now. Our upcoming schedule:

NYG - W (5-1)

DET - W (6-1)

HOU - W (7-1)

TEN - W? (8-1)

@SF

(Obviously, anything can happen, but I'm trying to figure out what loss you're predicting.

Goff revenge game 

• Like 1