TNF: Rams @ Seahawks

NYRaider

Winner?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Rams
    • Seahawks

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know how it's illegal contact. I've watched the video multiple times, and it doesn't even look like Fuller touched him. Lockett tripped over his own feet. EDIT: At most, his knee hit Lockett's foot as he tried to avoid him. That's incidental contact. It's not a penalty.

idk how you can honestly tell me he "tried to avoid him" when he literally stopped, planted and ran right into Lockett's path and then threw his hands up as he collided with him. And he was looking at him the whole time. That's not incidental.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

idk how you can honestly tell me he "tried to avoid him" when he literally stopped, planted and ran right into Lockett's path and then threw his hands up as he collided with him. And he was looking at him the whole time. That's not incidental.

Except he never collided with him. He stopped short to avoid that. This is football. You don't get six feet of social distancing from defenders. They're going to try and cover you.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Except he never collided with him. He stopped short to avoid that. This is football. You don't get six feet of social distancing from defenders. They're going to try and cover you.

uh11Kib.png

"he never collided with him"

Like I said, you can't just run into people who are running their routes. This isn't a CB shadowing a WR. This is a guy who stopped what he was doing and went and interfered with the route Lockett was running.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

uh11Kib.png

"he never collided with him"

Like I said, you can't just run into people who are running their routes. This isn't a CB shadowing a WR. This is a guy who stopped what he was doing and went and interfered with the route Lockett was running.

LOL. I posted the video in this thread. It's not a penalty to unintentionally get your feet tangled while trying to cover a WR. Fuller was covering D.K., handed him off to Reeder, and tried to double Lockett by sliding underneath the route. To the extent he made contact, it was their legs getting tangled. Lockett didn't get violently knocked off his route. The only thing that showed any contact was Lockett's tripping himself, which seems to have resulted from Fuller's knee hitting his foot as he passed. It's not illegal contact. It is the very definition of incidental contact.

If you're trying to call that "illegal contact," your Seahawks would have gotten penalized on damn near every play for Carroll's entire career there.