Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

This Arizona game will be a blowout. Lance is not ready

I don't think that INT is an issue with how ready he is....he's just not an accurate QB and he missed that ball by like 6 feet lol. I feel like that is going to be an INT he throws in year 1 or year 7. You're just hoping he gets a better feel for throwing the ball and he gets a little more accurate 

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Can someone explain to me why people are high on Lance? They keep saying he has "physical tools", yet he couldn't hit the broad side of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Neither could Josh Allen 2 years ago. Sometimes it takes the right coaching for these things to improve.

Obviously Allen is such an extreme outlier that even using him as an example is questionable, but we just watched one of the least accurate QBs of all-time become an MVP candidate essentially overnight over the last 2 years. It can happen.

I love Lance, and I like Fields. Neither are ready to be starting NFL games. I always said pre-draft, Lance needs a full season sitting and Fields needs half a season. 

The other three were ready to start Week 1. They are all massively struggling, but they can at least move the ball. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Neither could Josh Allen 2 years ago. Sometimes it takes the right coaching for these things to improve.

Obviously Allen is such an extreme outlier that even using him as an example is questionable, but we just watched one of the least accurate QBs of all-time become an MVP candidate essentially overnight over the last 2 years. It can happen.

People were using this rationale for Drew Lock during the offseason and look how that turned out.