Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I love Lance, and I like Fields. Neither are ready to be starting NFL games. I always said pre-draft, Lance needs a full season sitting and Fields needs half a season. 

The other three were ready to start Week 1. They are all massively struggling, but they can at least move the ball. 

A bit unfair to be grouping Lawrence And Jones in with Wilson. Those two are actually accurate, Wilson threw a screen pass into his OL’s helmet today 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Was Allen even legit inaccurate at Wyoming? His completion % was subpar, but how much of that was due to inaccuracy rather any drops/throwaways/tips/etc?

Yeah, he was inaccurate at times...then he could drop an absolute dime that would blow your mind. I remember his sophomore year a couple of throws he made against Boise where i was just all in. He played Nebraska and it was a complete disaster, and after that game I was even more in on him because of this stupid throw he made rolling out and chucking it 55 yards on the run into the very back corner of the end zone. It was a  preposterous throw. 

I can't remember who said it...may Trevor Sikkema or Ben Solak, but one of them was adamant that Josh Allen was going to result in a number of really bad QBs getting drafted way too high. I think that there's merit to that. I have no idea what Lance will ultimately be. The entire range of outcomes is available to him. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I love Lance, and I like Fields. Neither are ready to be starting NFL games. I always said pre-draft, Lance needs a full season sitting and Fields needs half a season. 

The other three were ready to start Week 1. They are all massively struggling, but they can at least move the ball. 

…not all.

8 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Was Allen even legit inaccurate at Wyoming? His completion % was subpar, but how much of that was due to inaccuracy rather than drops/throwaways/tips/etc?

Yeah, his inaccuracy started with those numbers, he wasn't "accurate" either but that started the narrative and nobody wanted to it go. Saying he was one of the least accurate QBs of all time is hilariously exaggerated, but I'm sure now I'll get a link to a gif of him missing a pass or some **** like it wins the debate