Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Trey Lance was a joke pick.

Garoppolo has his flaws, but he's at least a functional QB.

I didn't like it either, seemed way too high, but the dude definitely needs time. He's nowhere close to where he needs to be to be out there

Edit: if they want him to play through it all, that's fine too. But he's going to be rough for a while imo

Edited by Norm

Just now, biggie. said:

Coaches are retarded. We just saw Taylor for a 57 yard FG instead of going for it on 4th & 2.

Please don't use that word - but yes, today (and every week) proves over and over again that coaches operate on "feel" and not on "analytics"

I actually dig this Staley guy in LA. Seems like he gets it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

49ers would have rolled with Jimmy. Lance sucks

Have you not been watching Jimmy?

Lance actually did better than I thought, but if he doesn't figure out the touch on his passes, he'll never get where he needs to be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I benched him for Lance...I really overestimated the Browns defense. I thought it was a bad matchup. 

Thankfully, I should win regardless. 

You and me both bro. First half was looking pretty decent. 

on another note, been watching red zone but whenever I’ve seen Slater he seems has done a good job on Garrett

Just now, Forge said:

Have you not been watching Jimmy?

Lance actually did better than I thought, but if he doesn't figure out the touch on his passes, he'll never get where he needs to be. 

I'll take the boring but consistent Alex Smith/pre-2008 Hasselbeck type over the flashy but dumb as bricks with zero touch type any day.

Just now, biggie. said:

I'll take the boring but consistent Alex Smith/pre-2008 Hasselbeck type over the flashy but dumb as bricks with zero touch type any day.

It's all the same if you don't figure it out. The niners held the Seahawks to 5 straight 3 and outs last week and like 2 yards and they had 7 points.