Week 5 GDT Bills @ Chiefs on Sunday Night Football!

Trentwannabe

I unfortunately don’t have the time this week to make the GDT very pretty.

I will also be gone tomorrow until Monday (woot woot Canadian Thanksgiving) so I won’t active on here during the game. 

This is a obviously a huge game and could help put the Bills in the driver seat for the 1 seed. At the very least, it gives them an AFC win an a tie breaker if needed.

Questions:

Who is the X factor? Who needs to step up? Can our defense slow down the Chiefs offense? Can our offense finally move the ball and score against the Chiefs? Do we win?

Prediction:
Bills 33
Chiefs 31

Bass hits a 48 yarder as time expires.

I'm so pumped for this game. I'm flying into KC Saturday night and will be in attendance. For some reason this feels a little different than when we've gone up against KC before idk if it's because it's early in the season or because they are 2-2 but I have a weird feeling the Bills are going to take this game. I'm sure they have a chip on their shoulder from last year and this would help them a bit getting over it. 

KC's defense has been very underwhelming this year, while the Bills offense is averaging 39.3 PPG the last (3) weeks.  I see the Bills continuing the trend and scoring at least 31 points Sunday night. 

The key is going to be KC's O vs the Bills D. Buffalo currently has the best defense in the NFL statistically but we haven't really played anyone worth mentioning. HOWEVER, that shouldn't take away from what they've done because the Dolphins and Texans have played other teams and none of those teams shut down the offense and pitched a shut out. 

I'm going 35-31 Buffalo. Both teams have dynamic offenses but the Bills defense is better so that's the edge I see. 

Bills offense definitely needs to step up and as of up to this week KC has struggled defensively. Ranking 31st in yards and 31st in points. Allen should be able to take advantage of the opportunity. Bills D also has to step up, with Milano not being 100% I am worried that KC will be taking advantage of it like they did last year. Milano in the game has been a game changer and a huge part of the reason why this defense is ranked 1st. KC Stadium is also a tough place to play in and will be a big test. I think winning at the trenches is what will dictate who wins this game.

The offense has put up points, but some of that is due to the defense getting a ton of TOs. We can't expect the defense to give us 5 turnovers this week. They need to be efficient in the red zone. Allen has to be on point, and not allow the atmosphere to make him timid. I swear I can see it in his eyes early on in a game, haha. So, while I'm happy they're starting to put up points again and Allen is starting to settle in- we need long sustained drives that end in TDs. The red zone inefficiency we saw in the first half last week ain't going to cut it against a top tier team. The defense can't be expected to hold the offense above water against KC. Also, the pass protection needs to improve and get the running game involved early. No fumbles, either! Singletary is hella lucky none of his fumbles have turned into turnovers this year.

The defense has faced about the easiest competition they could face. I'm not surprised they've destroyed the QBs they've faced. They've done that for a while now. I want to see how they play against a top tier offense before I call them elite. I said before the season they'd statistically be a top-10 unit this year based on the teams we're playing. If they show up- and slow down the juggernaut that is KC- then I'll be thoroughly impressed. KC is going to put up points, but the D needs to make some key stops and cause a turnover or two.

McD also needs to do a much better job against Reid. Reid has owned McD these past few matchups. McD needs to be aggressive on 4th down. That timid **** we saw in the AFC championship game last year ain't going to cut it. Play to win, not just to stay in the game. 

I think the atmosphere gets to Allen a bit, and it takes the offense too long to settle in- much like last week except we're not playing a bottom of the barrel team this week. The defense looks better, but Mahomes does Mahomes things in the spotlight, and they are unable to slow him down enough. Final score:

KC- 31 

Buffalo- 24

I hope I'm proven wrong!

Edited by WizeGuy

12 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm excited for this game.. Alot of late season implications could come from this game. We need to beat KC to claim the top ranking 

While I think the game is going to be good and that a win against KC would be huge but I do not see a lot of implications from this. Keep in mind Buffalo's schedule is easier then KC and Baltimores so even with a loss the Bills still have a solid shot at the #1 seed in the AFC based on SoS. What really sucks is Milano may not play and even if he does he will not be 100% to cover guys like Kelce. Klein is slow when it comes to coverage and Milano is a big reason why this defense has been playing so well.  The resurgence of star and milano playing this year is a complete opposite to what the bills had last year and if one is out it may be a deciding factor on stopping this high power offense.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, soflbillsfan said:

While I think the game is going to be good and that a win against KC would be huge but I do not see a lot of implications from this. Keep in mind Buffalo's schedule is easier then KC and Baltimores so even with a loss the Bills still have a solid shot at the #1 seed in the AFC based on SoS. What really sucks is Milano may not play and even if he does he will not be 100% to cover guys like Kelce. Klein is slow when it comes to coverage and Milano is a big reason why this defense has been playing so well.  The resurgence of star and milano playing this year is a complete opposite to what the bills had last year and if one is out it may be a deciding factor on stopping this high power offense.

KC falling 2 games behind us with us on a tie breaker I think will be huge. KC going on a tear at some point has to be expected.

More importantly were gonna see exactly where or defense stands Sunday Night.