Week 5 GDT: Raiders (3-1) vs Bears (2-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Bears

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Meh... I can't take them serious until they check their egos with regards to James. It's so Gruden... literally said Monday, he's not going to panic with the Oline. Week 5 and he's already moving his #17 overall pick to G and starting another bum he over drafted. 

It'd be one thing if they signed a vet RT and moved Pleatherwood to RG, but as you said... he's being replaced by the guy they spent the #17 overall to replace in the first place. That's the most Raiders thing I've ever seen. 

They can write their wrong by signing Mitchell Schwartz and benching Andre James for Nick Martin. 

But yes, this is a very Raiders move to already be in full panic mode after 4 games. It stings even worse when you see Trey Smith (6th round pick) and Creed Humphrey (2nd round pick) balling out for Kansas City at OG/C. 

Miller - Simpson - Martin - Leatherwood - Schwartz 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Hicks and Mack play I think we'll lose this weekend. I have zero faith in James/Leatherwood/Parker being able to keep Carr clean or be effective in the run game against their defensive line. 

We really just need to keep 6-8 players in to block and let our 3-5 receivers get open.  Their DBs apparently suck.

This game is sort of pivotal for the team. The got pushed around by a division opponent and their star player is out there calling the QB soft. Certainly not the first time he's heard that (remember cry-face game)? 

They really need to come out and make a statement early in this game against an inferior team. Show some toughness and resiliency, score early and not let the Bears hang around. 

Da Bears lead the NFL with 15 sacks. If the Oline comes in anxious and starts getting whopped early things are going to get really ugly. 

Like I said pivotal.... they either show some resilience bounce back and show the 3-0 start was not a fluke. Or they get punched in the mouth and show us they are likely going to flame out again this season. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Hicks and Mack play I think we'll lose this weekend. I have zero faith in James/Leatherwood/Parker being able to keep Carr clean or be effective in the run game against their defensive line. 

Literally the only thing I’m watching this week will be Mack vs Parker 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nick Martin was pretty average for Houston IIRC, we should start him.

If you remember, the main thing I said about the Andre James situation back in March is the worst case scenario is he’s trash and we put Nick Martin in. 

I stand corrected: the worst case scenario is Andre James is trash and we don’t put Nick Martin in.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed, Gruden's ego is to big to let Mack wreck his game plan. The rest of the will have 12 sacks before he let's Mack get one.

If the Bears bring say Roquan smith on Mack’s side like the Chargers did with Tranquill and Bosa . Watch Gruden be like screw it double team Mack anyway !. 

Edited by SimonGruber

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

If the Bears bring say Roquan smith on Mack’s side like the Chargers did with Tranquill and Bosa . Watch Gruden be like screw it double team Mack anyway !.

If the Bears only played 3 rushers all game long, I guarantee you Gruden would YOLO it and triple team Mack all game.....

And Mack would still get 3 sacks on James, Leatherwood, and Parker.

since its bears week i thought id throw this out there:

Crosby has only gotten better in pass rush win rate (how often a player beats his block within 2.5 seconds) as an edge defender since 2019, while Mack has declined.

The 6-foot-3, 260-pound Mack's rates in that time -- 21.7% in 2019, 19.0% in 2020 and 14.0% thus far this season, which is 35th out of 62 qualifying players.

The 6-5, 255-pound Crosby's rates -- 5.8% in 2019, 13.5% in 2020 and 23.9% this season, 15th in the NFL.

And according to Pro Football Focus, Crosby is leading the NFL in pressures with 30 on the season after getting five against the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday. He had 48 total pressures last season. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1