Week 5 GDT: Raiders (3-1) vs Bears (2-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Bears

31 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

True like fields we tried to beat him down but that just added fuel to his fire

I love Fields, he did wonderful things for my Buckeyes, but this is a huge stretch even for you.

The running game was the difference for the Bears and that's it.

• Like 1

I finally watched the cut up of the game. I honestly thought Carr played well. Renfrow was good. Ruggs was fine. Edwards and Waller sank the ship. Waller looked lackadaisical--like he didn't want to play.

The offensive line was bad. Penalty after penalty from the bust bros Leatherwood and Parker. Leatherwood arguably had his worst game and might be a worse guard than tackle.

Defensively, Robertson really stepped up and played well. Though, it's not saying much against the Bears. The risk/reward of having an overly aggressive and undersized defensive middle continues to be the defense's greatest weakness. And, it's aggravated when the offense isn't scoring. I was thought Abram played well again. He has some nice blitzes from the box that nearly got home and a really nice stick on a RB than ended up being a drive killer for the Bears. He got pinned inside by Darnell Mooney on Williams' touchdown which isn't great.

I think Bradley needs to cool it with the interior aggressiveness against the Broncos. Javonte and Gordon can really gash them if the defensive middle keeps rushing upfield on every down.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I finally watched the cut up of the game. I honestly thought Carr played well. Renfrow was good. Ruggs was fine. Edwards and Waller sank the ship. Waller looked lackadaisical--like he didn't want to play.

The offensive line was bad. Penalty after penalty from the bust bros Leatherwood and Parker. Leatherwood arguably had his worst game and might be a worse guard than tackle.

Defensively, Robertson really stepped up and played well. Though, it's not saying much against the Bears. The risk/reward of having an overly aggressive and undersized defensive middle continues to be the defense's greatest weakness. And, it's aggravated when the offense isn't scoring. I was thought Abram played well again. He has some nice blitzes from the box that nearly got home and a really nice stick on a RB than ended up being a drive killer for the Bears. He got pinned inside by Darnell Mooney on Williams' touchdown which isn't great.

I think Bradley needs to cool it with the interior aggressiveness against the Broncos. Javonte and Gordon can really gash them if the defensive middle keeps rushing upfield on every down.

I don't know what was going on with waller.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Looking at the all 22 on the 4th down throw on tape don’t lie, Edwards was mega held. He would have been going deep if he wasn’t. Hard to blame edwards for that. Edwards was grabbed twice.

I'm getting sick of this anti Raider narrative by the NFL. it's obvious ever week with the refs...... I don't feel like this with my other teams (Dodgers, Lakers).. BS the Raider treatment 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, true2form said:

I love Fields, he did wonderful things for my Buckeyes, but this is a huge stretch even for you.

The running game was the difference for the Bears and that's it.

Did fields not throw a td after we hit him multiple times on that same drive

• 3 months later...

Alright, had the NFL kept a 16-game schedule, the first Bears visit to Las Vegas would have been in 2027.

As you may know, the current schedule format allows each team to host each of the 31 others at least once over an 8-year period.

Detroit is scheduled to be the last team that makes their first trip to Las Vegas in 2027, unless the Lions and Raiders finish 2024 in the same positions within their divisions, in which case the Lions would come to Vegas in 2025.

Edited by pf9