End of Bench Stash Thread

SaveOurSonics

14 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Don’t worry, he’s already owned in your dynasty league 😉

Agree with your assessment too. He was a far better prospect than he was given credit for, and he appears to be proving that early in his tenure with the Packers. 

I thought he had the dreaded "personality/attitude" concerns. 

The Stash thread consisted of: 

Khalil Herbert

Chris Evans

Rhamondre Stevenson 

Jeff Wilson 

Darrell Williams 

Kadarius Toney 

Trey Lance

I'd consider all of the bold as hits. Herbert commanded nearly 20 carries in his first real action. Evans didn't see nearly the opportunity we were hoping for once Mixon was ruled active. Stevenson will be a name featured for me this week now that he's posted 10+ carries in a game and Harris continues his fumbling issues, and I'd consider that a hit if you were 2 weeks early on him. Wilson is still on IR, so he's pretty much a hit unless Elijah Mitchell just dominates. Darrell Williams a hit via injury. Toney a major hit. Lance wasn't bad at all, but indications are the team will go back to Jimmy G when healthy, so his near-term outlook isn't great. 

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

So. How are we feeling about our Khalil Herbert and Kadarius Toney shares? 

Perfect example of getting in a week before they're popular waiver adds! 

Sad I missed the boat on Toney. Almost pulled the trigger but my dumb arse was still holding KJ Osborn. 

Dynasty league too; now I gotta throw big FAAB at Toney. 

17 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Absolutely love my decision to take a chance on Toney. 

Two other WR's that I think are worth a flier are Mecole Hardman and St. Brown. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Absolutely love my decision to take a chance on Toney. 

Two other WR's that I think are worth a flier are Mecole Hardman and St. Brown. 

I typically don't consider WRs for stashes. It's usually reserved for high-potential highly-drafted WRs like Justin Jefferson (last year), Kadarius Toney, and Elijah Moore. 

RB is just so much more valuable that, if you have a guy like Darrell Williams right now, you're suddenly in a position to trade him for a better WR than any guy you're likely to stash. 

Just my personal take on it. That obviously doesn't mean we should miss out on glaringly high-ceiling opportunities like Jefferson & Toney. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I typically don't consider WRs for stashes. It's usually reserved for high-potential highly-drafted WRs like Justin Jefferson (last year), Kadarius Toney, and Elijah Moore. 

RB is just so much more valuable that, if you have a guy like Darrell Williams right now, you're suddenly in a position to trade him for a better WR than any guy you're likely to stash. 

Just my personal take on it. That obviously doesn't mean we should miss out on glaringly high-ceiling opportunities like Jefferson & Toney. 

Yeah RB are definitely harder to find because there are WR's you can stream week to week that will have good games while very few RB's get consistent touches. On my waiver wire this week I'm trying to add one of Khalil Herbert, Marlon Mack, Darrell Williams, Alex Collins, or Devonta Booker to replace Ty'Son Williams. And then I'm also looking to add either St Brown or Hardman to replace Pascal. 

I have Edmonds/Mixon who I'll play essentially every week at my two RB spots and Dionte Johnson in one of my flex spots every week so I like to keep flexibility depending on matchup.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

I would add Rashod Bateman to this as well.  Kind of similar vein to Toney, bh (albeit with a better QB).  He'll be coming in (he's due off the IR either this week or next) and into a somewhat jumble on the depth chart, but one where injuries from this past weekend will at least open up some additional opportunities/targets.  Hollywood and Andrews are still going to being the breadwinners in Baltimore, but they are throwing considerably more than they were last season (in a lot of cases out of necessity because the BAL defense of custom has not been present this season), but Sammy Watkins did his usual Sammy Watkins and got injured last weekend, so up springs opportunity.

Herbert I'm a little less bullish on because I think, based off what we've seen so far, he's game-script dependent and how confident are we that the Bears are going to be in a lot of games where they're trying to kill off the game with a lead in-hand (outside of the 1 game they have remaining against Detroit)?

9 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Normally I agree.  Williams I'm a little less prone to though because of the guy he's replacing.  The snap-counts and touch-shares for CEH had been decreasing, relative to the usage of Williams and McKinnon, to the point that when he went down the three were relatively even.  So, yes, Williams will get an uptick in touches as a result, but he's not going to be an out-and-out bell cow in Clyde's absence - he'll give at least a 30% (probably more) share up to McKinnon at the very least.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:00 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

The Stash thread consisted of: 

Khalil Herbert

Chris Evans

Rhamondre Stevenson 

Jeff Wilson 

Darrell Williams 

Kadarius Toney 

Trey Lance

I'd consider all of the bold as hits. Herbert commanded nearly 20 carries in his first real action. Evans didn't see nearly the opportunity we were hoping for once Mixon was ruled active. Stevenson will be a name featured for me this week now that he's posted 10+ carries in a game and Harris continues his fumbling issues, and I'd consider that a hit if you were 2 weeks early on him. Wilson is still on IR, so he's pretty much a hit unless Elijah Mitchell just dominates. Darrell Williams a hit via injury. Toney a major hit. Lance wasn't bad at all, but indications are the team will go back to Jimmy G when healthy, so his near-term outlook isn't great. 

Wilson is definitely someone to grab if your league allows you an IR spot.  More than likely he'll at minimum by the goal-line back once activated, even though I do expect Mitchell to still get relatively solid usage when healthy.  Wilson won managers a fair number of titles last season by being the only guy that could stay healthy in that backfield.  Now, I still think even if/when Jimmy is given the starting gig back post-injury, they're still going to acclimate Trey by using him in red-zone packages, which will eat some into Wilson's usage, but he'll earn points will probably still be a worthy FLEX.  I kind of fear that Trey Sermon may well have gone the Joe Williams route, where sure Shanahan drafted him, but lost trust in him for whatever reason fairly quickly and just plain moved on (or he did in the case of Williams, so it stands to reason that he may well do the same with Sermon).