End of Bench Stash Thread

3 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I would add Rashod Bateman to this as well.  Kind of similar vein to Toney, bh (albeit with a better QB).  He'll be coming in (he's due off the IR either this week or next) and into a somewhat jumble on the depth chart, but one where injuries from this past weekend will at least open up some additional opportunities/targets.  Hollywood and Andrews are still going to being the breadwinners in Baltimore, but they are throwing considerably more than they were last season (in a lot of cases out of necessity because the BAL defense of custom has not been present this season), but Sammy Watkins did his usual Sammy Watkins and got injured last weekend, so up springs opportunity.

I like Bateman as well but I don't think there's anyway he gets even close to as much usage as Toney. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I like Bateman as well but I don't think there's anyway he gets even close to as much usage as Toney. 

Not in the immediate front.  But Toney's usage is going to take a drop (some) once Sterling Shepard comes back, that's pretty indisputable.  Rest of season, while their TD total may definitely vary and thus their final fantasy production may, I won't be shocked if they finish the season with relatively the same amount of targets

20 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Normally I agree.  Williams I'm a little less prone to though because of the guy he's replacing.  The snap-counts and touch-shares for CEH had been decreasing, relative to the usage of Williams and McKinnon, to the point that when he went down the three were relatively even.  So, yes, Williams will get an uptick in touches as a result, but he's not going to be an out-and-out bell cow in Clyde's absence - he'll give at least a 30% (probably more) share up to McKinnon at the very least.

Oh I agree. Hence me mentioning Williams trade value now that he’s “the guy”. If I had any Darrell shares I’d be looking to flip him right now, and my point was that you can flip him for a better WR than you’d likely be stashing. 

Bateman is another prime example of a good WR stash. 

9 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Not in the immediate front.  But Toney's usage is going to take a drop (some) once Sterling Shepard comes back, that's pretty indisputable.  Rest of season, while their TD total may definitely vary and thus their final fantasy production may, I won't be shocked if they finish the season with relatively the same amount of targets

I would be shocked if they did. Even with Shepard coming back, Toney showed way too much promise to significantly reduce his work. The Giants were also finding creative ways to get him the ball (direct snap in the RZ is glorious) and he’s the type of player who can consistently take advantage of that type of usage. Toney at least has realistic potential to emerge as the Giants #1 pass game option. With how well Brown and Andrews have been playing, I don’t see a scenario where Bateman, coming off of a relatively serious injury, captures anything better than the #3 role in a mediocre passing game. 

• Like 1
On 10/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, Dr LBC said:

The Giants defense is horrific so they're going to have to constantly be throwing the ball to stay in games, especially with Saquan out for an extended period of time. I don't expect that the Ravens passing game will sustain as a top 5 unit all year but even if it does Bateman is competing with Hollywood, Andrews, and Watkins for targets and through the first 5 games those 3 account for 67% of the Ravens target share.

3 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Better stash……… Bateman or Moore? PPR

At this point, we more or less know what Moore's role is. We have no clue what Bateman's role is in that offense. That uncertainty makes him the better stash. 

3 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

At this point, we more or less know what Moore's role is. We have no clue what Bateman's role is in that offense. That uncertainty makes him the better stash. 

But Bateman is going to be buried on the depth chart, Moore could potentially start to play at some point. 

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But Bateman is going to be buried on the depth chart, Moore could potentially start to play at some point. 

Buried behind who? Sammy Watkins? I wouldn’t be worried about him. The ceiling isn’t huge, but he has immediate #3 target potential. 

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

Buried behind who? Sammy Watkins? I wouldn’t be worried about him. The ceiling isn’t huge, but he has immediate #3 target potential. 

I just don't really see the Ravens passing attacking sustaining as a top 5 unit and through the first 5 weeks Hollywood/Watkins/Andrews have a 67% target share. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I just don't really see the Ravens passing attacking sustaining as a top 5 unit and through the first 5 weeks Hollywood/Watkins/Andrews have a 67% target share. 

Personally don't think Watkins has done anything spectacular enough to warrant the assumption that he's locked into the #3 role. I agree that there's notable risk with Bateman, but I'm not sure Sammy is a big part of that. For me it's more so the fact he'll be coming into the game plan essentially mid way through the season off of a relatively serious injury. I can definitely see a scenario where they ease him into the game plan slowly. That said, if his talent speaks for itself (similar to Toney), the Ravens will have no choice but to accelerate his onboarding. 

It's the level of uncertainty that presents so much potential upside in this scenario, not to mention higher draft capital and arguably a better prospect profile. That said, I wouldn't die on this hill and can definitely see the argument for Moore. It's close. 

7 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I can definitely see a scenario where they ease him into the game plan slowly. That said, if his talent speaks for itself (similar to Toney), the Ravens will have no choice but to accelerate his onboarding. 

First-round draft pick Rashod Bateman is now in his third week of practice since returning from groin surgery. While fans, teammates, and coaches are eager to see Bateman on Sundays, Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman said the rookie will likely be eased into game action whenever he is activated from injured reserve.

"He's looking good," Roman said. "As he ramps in, he should do nothing but get better. I don't think we're going to throw him into the fire for every play. I think we're going to build him into the plan on a week-to-week basis. Rashod's going to have a long and fruitful career. This is just the first step. We will integrate him into the plan when the time is right."

On 10/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I have room for one more stash; Jeff Wilson or Rashad Penny? Penny is expected back next week and Carson is now out until week 10. His neck is messed up so he might be gone even longer

Is Rhamondre Stevenson out there? I'd take him over either. I wouldn't count on Penny for much when he's back. Alex Collins has been perfectly effective and there's really no scenario where Penny earns heavy touches. 

On 10/17/2021 at 9:23 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

Is Rhamondre Stevenson out there? I'd take him over either. I wouldn't count on Penny for much when he's back. Alex Collins has been perfectly effective and there's really no scenario where Penny earns heavy touches. 

why do you like Stevenson so much? Damian Harris is going no where