End of Bench Stash Thread

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

why do you like Stevenson so much? Damian Harris is going no where 

The guy just put up over 15 PPR points with Damien Harris in the lineup. I also just think Rhamondre is the more talented back, so whether he's given more work via injury or simply being better, I'd like to invest. 

It's funny you're asking this because I was considering Rhamondre a hit of a stash this week. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

The guy just put up over 15 PPR points with Damien Harris in the lineup. I also just think Rhamondre is the more talented back, so whether he's given more work via injury or simply being better, I'd like to invest. 

It's funny you're asking this because I was considering Rhamondre a hit of a stash this week. 

IDK why but I just feel like Penny might finally ball out. Carson is gone and we don't know when he is coming back. Carson and Penny health are the reasons why Penny hasn't shined yet. The man is big, athletic, vision, all the traits to be a great RB on a team that wants to run the ball. He is by far better than Alex Collins. penny could bust and get hurt again, but he is worth the risk. That RB job is up for grabs and Penny has the goods. it's worth the risk in my eyes

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

IDK why but I just feel like Penny might finally ball out. Carson is gone and we don't know when he is coming back. Carson and Penny health are the reasons why Penny hasn't shined yet. The man is big, athletic, vision, all the traits to be a great RB on a team that wants to run the ball. He is by far better than Alex Collins. penny could bust and get hurt again, but he is worth the risk. That RB job is up for grabs and Penny has the goods. it's worth the risk in my eyes

I think people often make the mistake of assuming the better athlete is the better RB. Penny is a great athlete. He shows special traits and occasionally even translates it into a highlight play. But Collins has absolutely excellent field vision and one cut ability that Penny simply does not possess. 

But none of that is really the point. What's more important is Penny's limited ceiling. When everyone's healthy, he's no better than the #2 behind Carson. I'd argue that Collins has officially earned legitimate touches moving forward after posting the team's first 100+ yard rushing performance since 2019, against a stingy PIT defense no less. So you could argue Penny comes back as the #3. He'll also never be the preferred receiving back over DeeJay Dallas and Travis Homer. The team didn't take his option, so they owe him nothing and clearly have fringe feelings on his future with the team. I actually really like Penny as a player (Hawks fan here) but I just don't see a realistic path to him carving out meaningful fantasy value for you. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I think people often make the mistake of assuming the better athlete is the better RB. Penny is a great athlete. He shows special traits and occasionally even translates it into a highlight play. But Collins has absolutely excellent field vision and one cut ability that Penny simply does not possess. 

But none of that is really the point. What's more important is Penny's limited ceiling. When everyone's healthy, he's no better than the #2 behind Carson. I'd argue that Collins has officially earned legitimate touches moving forward after posting the team's first 100+ yard rushing performance since 2019, against a stingy PIT defense no less. So you could argue Penny comes back as the #3. He'll also never be the preferred receiving back over DeeJay Dallas and Travis Homer. The team didn't take his option, so they owe him nothing and clearly have fringe feelings on his future with the team. I actually really like Penny as a player (Hawks fan here) but I just don't see a realistic path to him carving out meaningful fantasy value for you. 

I don't think Carson is coming back any time soon. Alot of variables have to fall in Pennys favor, but I see the ceiling. of course it is a lower probability, but the ceiling is high. 

52 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't think Carson is coming back any time soon. Alot of variables have to fall in Pennys favor, but I see the ceiling. of course it is a lower probability, but the ceiling is high. 

Well don’t let me tell you no if your gut says stash him. Just sharing why I personally would not advocate for it. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
On 10/19/2021 at 9:39 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

As a Damien Harris fantasy owner I really just have no idea what to even make of him at this point. If he has a good game against the Jets I'll probably package him with Chase Edmonds (hopefully shows up this week too) for a better RB. Harris is a non-factor in the Patriots passing game so he's basically a TD or bust player, against Houston he would've had a 2nd TD but fumbled the ball into the end zone which swung his fantasy production from 15.8 points to 8.8 points on a single play. He had a good game last week with 17.8 points and had 13.4 against the Jets earlier in the year. 

Last week Harris played 48% of the Patriots snaps and had 18 points on 19 touches, Stevenson played 33% of their snaps and had 15 points on 8 touches. If you're playing in a PPR league @Humble_Beast Stevenson's ability to catch the ball makes all the difference because Harris literally has to score TDs or he's not doing much. It's like a great value version of Chubb/Hunt.

• Like 1