GDT 10/11/21 Week 5: 3-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Indianapolis Colts

DreamKid

Leonard and Paye are both great against the run(Well I know Paye was in college, haven't really followed him in the Pros- (think he's been injured quite a bit). And yea, we better set the new rushing streak record or whatever... so I never have to hear about that thing ever again 😆. Or at least until we stretch it to 99 games and are going for the big 100. Unless that happens, I don't think it needs to be a big talking point lol.

• Like 1

Eric Fisher vs Justin Houston is going to be a problem for the Colts 

If Braden Smith doesn’t play then whomever goes up against Julien Davenport will be a problem.

SS Khari Willis and CB Rock Ya-Sin missed the last game but both practiced on a limited basis so they would be upgrades over Andrew Sendejo and Isaiah Rodgers if they play. 

Bobby Okereke isn’t playing up to what was expected of him taking over for Anthony Walker, and Darius Leonard has been playing on a bum ankle all year, hence the DNP. Our depth behind them is crap as well. And I don’t know who is going to cover Mark Andrews, we’ve always been horrible against good TEs (minus one game where Travis Kelce disappeared)

Our only chance to win is if we somehow get out to an early lead and our defense covers downfield targets well.

On the plus side, after this game we have: Texans, 49ers (sans Jimmy G) and three straight home games (Titans, Jets and Jaguars) where we can still get to 5-5. 

• Like 2

I'll be interested in seeing if the Proche and Duve inclusion from last week carries over, and obviously we all want to see Bateman not only play but also drop a hype debut.

Of course Oweh making it 5 impressive games out of 5 would be sick too. An impact game from both of our 1st Round Rookies in primetime would be a true treat. They have the talent to make it happen.

The OL needs to continue to improve. Buckner will be a good test for Boze's prospects at Center, he hasn't faced any truly great DIs yet and Buckner is elite. Powers and Cleveland need to be better. AV's knee or whatever should be monitored too, if he even plays.

Feels like someone may separate themselves at HB soon. Some momentum seems to be building behind Bell, and we're all wondering where Ty'Son 'Doghouse' Williams is....

Big overall goal should be for the Defense to stack another solid game.

Players Trending Up 📈

- Lamar Jackson: Downfield Diming so far in 2021. He's looking to drop bombs every outing and other than a few rare misses, he's been great. We haven't heard about the back this week either. So maybe he'll whip a few more runs against the Colts.

- Chuck Clark: Establishing himself as a top flight Safety thus far. Has been a factor in every game.

- Odafe Oweh: Fast start to his Rookie Season. Thought last week was his best as a pure pass rusher.

- Calais Campbell: Feasted against that inexperienced IOL in Denver and has been more noticeable each week.

- Justin Madubuike: Shoulder Sack on Lock was great, flashing a lot as we expected.

- Tyus Bowser: Career game last week? Certainly as a rusher, let's see him build off of it.

- Malik Harrison: Rebound game for Malik vs the Broncos. Jonathan Taylor will be a bigger test.

- Anthony Averett: Continues to Contract Year stunt. 

- Devin Duvernay: Shining as a Punt Returner(When he isn't making mental errors), and he impressed on more opportunity in the passing game against Denver.

- James Proche: Coming off his career game, clearly he's impressed the coaches and they're getting him more involved.

- Patrick Mekari: Surviving at RT the best he can. Still consider him a trend up because he was awful at Tackle in the preseason, so he is doing better.

- Hollywood Brown: Big dip against DET, but he's back up after that highlight TD and return to impact last week. 

- Mark Andrews: Robbed of a great TD against Denver. He's starting to stack the caliber of games we expect from him.

- Patrick Ricard: Strong play from him has been even more important with Boyle out.

Players Trending Down 📉

- Patrick Queen: Solid plays here and there and a strong Week 1 against LV, but it's pretty much been pure turmoil for PQ the last 3 games. He needs a big performance more than anyone. Confidence is starting to hurt and his trigger may be affected as a result. Need him to be better- flat out.

- Ty'Son Williams: Went from Preseason hype machine to surprise starter, a HB4 to HB1 rise... and now he's riding the bench. Rushing efficiency numbers are fine, but the coaches don't appear to trust him. Who knows if we'll even see him this week?

- Ben Powers/Ben Cleveland:  Neither is impressing, and I didn't like their play against Denver. Powers issues from previous seasons remain and Cleveland isn't the instant impact force some fans convinced themselves he could be. They're rotating too. So both would likely be fresher than their opponents throughout the game. I suppose you could debate whether the comfortability factor of playing down to down and series to series beats out more rest in terms of benefit to a lineman, but I feel confident in saying that if we rotated an truly talented option in... there would be actual impact. Remember when Rookie KO got his opportunities?  Mid Round Pick after Mid Round Pick and our situation at Guard still isn't delivering desirable play. Cleveland missed a lot of preseason time and he's only a Rookie, so maybe he'll get more comfortable or start to flash but either way he and Powers both need to be better.

- Bradley Bozeman: Spotlight will be on him this week with some stiff competition on the Colts DL and a poor game against Denver

- Alejandro Villanueva: He still isn't playing well, and got hurt last week. 

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'll be interested in seeing if the Proche and Duve inclusion from last week carries over, and obviously we all want to see Bateman not only play but also drop a hype debut.

Of course Oweh making it 5 impressive games out of 5 would be sick too. An impact game from both of our 1st Round Rookies in primetime would be a true treat. They have the talent to make it happen.

The OL needs to continue to improve. Buckner will be a good test for Boze's prospects at Center, he hasn't faced any truly great DIs yet and Buckner is elite. Powers and Cleveland need to be better. AV's knee or whatever should be monitored too, if he even plays.

Feels like someone may separate themselves at HB soon. Some momentum seems to be building behind Bell, and we're all wondering where Ty'Son 'Doghouse' Williams is....

Big overall goal should be for the Defense to stack another solid game.

Players Trending Up 📈

- Lamar Jackson: Downfield Diming so far in 2021. He's looking to drop bombs every outing and other than a few rare misses, he's been great. We haven't heard about the back this week either. So maybe he'll whip a few more runs against the Colts.

- Chuck Clark: Establishing himself as a top flight Safety thus far. Has been a factor in every game.

- Odafe Oweh: Fast start to his Rookie Season. Thought last week was his best as a pure pass rusher.

- Calais Campbell: Feasted against that inexperienced IOL in Denver and has been more noticeable each week.

- Justin Madubuike: Shoulder Sack on Lock was great, flashing a lot as we expected.

- Tyus Bowser: Career game last week? Certainly as a rusher, let's see him build off of it.

- Malik Harrison: Rebound game for Malik vs the Broncos. Jonathan Taylor will be a bigger test.

- Anthony Averett: Continues to Contract Year stunt. 

- Devin Duvernay: Shining as a Punt Returner(When he isn't making mental errors), and he impressed on more opportunity in the passing game against Denver.

- James Proche: Coming off his career game, clearly he's impressed the coaches and they're getting him more involved.

- Patrick Mekari: Surviving at RT the best he can. Still consider him a trend up because he was awful at Tackle in the preseason, so he is doing better.

- Hollywood Brown: Big dip against DET, but he's back up after that highlight TD and return to impact last week. 

- Mark Andrews: Robbed of a great TD against Denver. He's starting to stack the caliber of games we expect from him.

- Patrick Ricard: Strong play from him has been even more important with Boyle out.

Players Trending Down 📉

- Patrick Queen: Solid plays here and there and a strong Week 1 against LV, but it's pretty much been pure turmoil for PQ the last 3 games. He needs a big performance more than anyone. Confidence is starting to hurt and his trigger may be affected as a result. Need him to be better- flat out.

- Ty'Son Williams: Went from Preseason hype machine to surprise starter, a HB4 to HB1 rise... and now he's riding the bench. Rushing efficiency numbers are fine, but the coaches don't appear to trust him. Who knows if we'll even see him this week?

- Ben Powers/Ben Cleveland:  Neither is impressing, and I didn't like their play against Denver. Powers issues from previous seasons remain and Cleveland isn't the instant impact force some fans convinced themselves he could be. They're rotating too. So both would likely be fresher than their opponents throughout the game. I suppose you could debate whether the comfortability factor of playing down to down and series to series beats out more rest in terms of benefit to a lineman, but I feel confident in saying that if we rotated an truly talented option in... there would be actual impact. Remember when Rookie KO got his opportunities?  Mid Round Pick after Mid Round Pick and our situation at Guard still isn't delivering desirable play. Cleveland missed a lot of preseason time and he's only a Rookie, so maybe he'll get more comfortable or start to flash but either way he and Powers both need to be better.

- Bradley Bozeman: Spotlight will be on him this week with some stiff competition on the Colts DL and a poor game against Denver

- Alejandro Villanueva: He still isn't playing well, and got hurt last week. 

Completely disagree on Bozeman, I think he has been fantastic thus far!

8 hours ago, RayLew52 said:

Completely disagree on Bozeman, I think he has been fantastic thus far!

Ken McKusick's scoring on him for the Denver game-

Bozeman:  Bradley took a step back.  He was party to 3 pressure events, including 2 full charges (beaten right by DT Harris, Q3, 13:39; bulled by NT Purcell, Q4, 2:12).  He also missed 9 blocks, 7 of which came on run plays and 6 of which were losses at LoS.  This was a game where he was on the ground a lot, including 3 plays where he slipped, tripped, or was shed as he was entering level 2.  He had 2 blocks in level 2 but did not have a solo pancake or highlight.  He was not assigned to pull. 

Scoring:  70 plays, 58 blocks, 9 missed, 2.33 pressures, 53.33 points (.76 per play).  That’s a D with adjustment.

Also in the Ravens' wired episode for the game, Bozeman admits to Joe D'Alessandris that he struggled. "I don't know if I had my best day today coach, but we'll build on it". It's right at the end. -(9:47)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cDRYHxT9lY

• Like 1